Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Cameron Co Pennsylvania

Old 08-26-2020, 07:34 AM
Spike

Excited to hear how you prepare and how you make out. I have family in PA but never seriously hunted there.
it’s awesome to know elk are doing well there.
I live in NM and hunt only on public lands, mostly national forest and some state lands..
Question: Is your hunt on forest service or state lands? If so, try establishing a relationship with one or more field techs - folks who work for the government, state or federal, who are responsible for management of the resource.
good luck.
Let me know if you are interested in hunting elk in NM. I retired from Los Alamos and like to “advise, or share information with folks” keeping in mind my own limitations.
lastly: I appreciate your salutation
adios
Old 08-28-2020, 04:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jake the camp is only about 36 miles from the SW corner of this zone.
Redfish - Heck yeah I'd be interested in hunting elk in NM. I sent you a PM. Get back to me when you can.
Old 08-31-2020, 04:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

What a grueling day. Put a lot of miles both on my boot soles and my tires. Total round trip to the elk area and back about 350 miles including driving the back roads. Probanly walked about 7 or 8. Right now my feet and legs feel like it was ALL uphill! That country is every bit as rugged as the rocky mountain hunts I've been on. Didn't see sny elk. Saw some sign, 13 deer and 6 turkey.
Old 09-02-2020, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

My buddy drew an cow tag a few years go and he did it himself after a local gave him some info on where to go in the Game Lands. He ended up shooting one and then he called some guys that he lined up to drag his elk out using horses. He said it was money well spent.
Old 11-03-2020, 06:56 PM
Spike

Hey Bronk - sorry for the slow reply.
Here’s our agenda for November.
As we did not draw for any hunt this year, I purchased 2 landowner tags for antlerless elk for my sons.
Also my two grandsons,13 and 15 got “Youth Encouragement” cow tags for Unit 52 up against the Colorado border.

The first hunt is this weekend, Nov 6-11, and the encouragement hunt is right after thanksgiving.
Hoping for elk fajitas very soon.

Please stay in touch if you are interested in hunting NM next fall - I’m happy to share what I know.

Stay tuned
adios
David
Old 11-03-2020, 07:04 PM
Spike

We’re you able to harvest an elk or at lease have an “encounter”?p