Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Idaho Fall Black Bear Hunt >

Idaho Fall Black Bear Hunt

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Idaho Fall Black Bear Hunt

Old 09-10-2020, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the tip. I will re set up the trail camera when I get back from Wyoming.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also agree moving the camera some ill get you more views of what is there, also pointing it in a north or south direction will help on getting pictures that don't get effected as much by sunlight and glare!
Old 09-10-2020, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks. I will keep that in mind when I set up the camera. I finished the fossil dig, will go home tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

well did you find any fossils? and if so, feel free to share some pic's
I am sure more than me might enjoy seeing them, maybe even start a tread on your finds and the likes?

Old 09-11-2020, 04:15 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I found a few Knightia fish, a couple of Diplomystus, 2 incomplete Phareodus, but the trophy is a whole Mioplosus. Only the head is showing, And I need to carefully expose the other parts. It may be 14 inches long. Can’t tell right now.

Back on the bear subject, I’ll set up the trail camera properly when I get home today.
Old 09-12-2020, 04:15 AM
Fork Horn

I got back late, so I’m going to Pick up the oil in about five hours, then I’m going to refill the bait barrel, put in the used fry oil, and set up a trail cam.

will keep you up to date.
Old 09-12-2020, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

This is exciting news! I love hearing stuff like this.
Just received a photo text from Jared and he asked me to post this photo. Says he dropped it in one shot. No more details yet

Congratulations!!
-Jake

Last edited by Bocajnala; 09-12-2020 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-12-2020, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for posting that photo. Here’s the full story:

Was sitting in the blind keeping an eye on the barrel I filled at 11:00. I didn’t hear the bear come in, and all the sudden I saw it by the bait barrel at 12:00!

It was behind the tree, so it was a tricky shot. I stepped out of the blind and aimed.

first shot missed. The bear lifted its head, then resumed eating. Second shot missed, and the bear ran towards me, which surprised me.

Third shot hit, killing it instantly.

Thats the story of my first bear!
Old 09-12-2020, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

well congrats to you , and that bear has a very nice color phase to it too(or I think so)

don;t seen many that color in my area!

I'm glad you stuck at things and got yourself a bear, NOW for a deer next LOL

Old 09-12-2020, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

not sure if I’ll go for a deer this season or not. Still working on it. Have until October 10 to decide.

Boy, processing a Bear is hard work. I finally finished. Now I’m going to wait until Monday to do my fish and game mandatory check report.

I agree, it’s Color phase is interesting. It’s a small bear, about 200 pounds, but it’s still a first bear!

I want to thank everyone on the thread for the help they gave me. It led up to this moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.