Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk hunting value?

Old 04-12-2020, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mthusker
I have no problem with your opinion, but it is just that, yours. Since you have such conviction on the topic, you have never paid to hunt, correct?
Not in the USA. When I hunted both Africa and Canada I was required by law to hire a guide/professional hunter. But in the USA I have never paid. Other than buying the required license/tag I have never paid a trespass fee, lease fee, access fee etc... And I currently live in TX where there is very little public land and I still don't pay. I meet people, talk to people, get to know people, treat people nice and am respectful. It pays off.
Old 04-13-2020, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator

You also aren't motivated by antlers. Which has helped me get access to some places as well. Some people are looking for someone to come in and thin the doe population but leave the bucks alone. They wouldn't want me there if I was after 'their bucks'

-Jake
Old 04-13-2020, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
You also aren't motivated by antlers. Which has helped me get access to some places as well. Some people are looking for someone to come in and thin the doe population but leave the bucks alone. They wouldn't want me there if I was after 'their bucks'

-Jake
Exactly. But remember the OP asked in general "what would you expect to pay to be part of this lease?" So my comments are based on what I would do, not what you or anyone else would do. And then the OP asked a question directly to me which I answered. So once again you get what I would do. Note there was a time when I did care about antlers. I have taken a number of very good bull elk, good mulie bucks, good buck pronghorn, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, black bear etc... all without paying for the right to hunt.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

5000.00 for a hunt depends on the type of hunt they are doing. The most important thing is the outfitter does everything he said he would do, didn't misrepresent the opportunity or hunt. The expectation should be to have a great time. Outfitted hunts cant control weather animals etc. They can control, lodging, food, staff etc.
Old 07-12-2020, 12:23 PM
Spike

In New Mexico, the NM Game and Fish may compensate land owners for loss of forage or crops from wildlife.
This compensation is in the form of land owner authorizations that the land owner can use or sell if they choose.
In Game Management Unit 52 such authorizations for bull elk and archery either sex run in the neighborhood of $3,000. Authorizations in units in the Gila May go for quite a bit more.
i have 1 archery authorization for unit 52 - I have not advertised yet but will look to sell in the next week or so.
adios
DG
Old 07-13-2020, 08:18 AM
Spike

In New Mexico the state game and fish compensate land owners for crop or forage loss from grazing wildlife. Compensation is in the form of land owner authorizations that may be sold.
In Game Management Unit 52 for example, bull elk or either sex archery tags go for $3,000.
i have an archery elk tag for September if interested.