Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Outfitter, guides and hunter charged in elk killing >

Outfitter, guides and hunter charged in elk killing

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Outfitter, guides and hunter charged in elk killing

Old 04-17-2020, 06:19 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Now I will also state that I have ZERO respect for this so called hunter! Anybody that draws such a tag and then sits on their butt at home while the guide/outfitter looks for a big animals and awaits a phone call is not a hunter. That is a shooter and a killer but not a hunter. To sit around waiting for a call and then just making a 90 mile drive to the kill site isn't what I would call hunting. While it may not be illegal, it isn't ethical in my mind. Personally I would not allow an animal killed under those conditions to ever hang on my game pole. As always, feel free to disagree but the man didn't deserve that elk even if there were no violations. You earn elk through sweat and labor not a phone call.
So what about the guy in Michigan that after waiting for years finally draws an elk tag . He has no experience hunting elk because he can't. So there are guys that either own or lease private land where the elk are and basically do all the scouting etc because normal hunters can't even access that land. So the hunter calls one of these guys and they tell him where to meet and they will put him on the elk but he has to make the kill. Plus I bet alot of the elk hunt outfitters or scouts or what ever you call them would love to be able to just call a guy and say hey you drive 90 miles we have an elk here that is just standing around and waiting for you to get here and shoot it thats pretty much laughable !!

As far as the hanging these guys it is interesting that their previous charges were dismissed and they have yet to be found guilty here but hey they should be hung anyways I guess !!
Old 04-17-2020, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Timbrhuntr
So what about the guy in Michigan that after waiting for years finally draws an elk tag . He has no experience hunting elk because he can't. So there are guys that either own or lease private land where the elk are and basically do all the scouting etc because normal hunters can't even access that land. So the hunter calls one of these guys and they tell him where to meet and they will put him on the elk but he has to make the kill. Plus I bet alot of the elk hunt outfitters or scouts or what ever you call them would love to be able to just call a guy and say hey you drive 90 miles we have an elk here that is just standing around and waiting for you to get here and shoot it thats pretty much laughable !!

As far as the hanging these guys it is interesting that their previous charges were dismissed and they have yet to be found guilty here but hey they should be hung anyways I guess !!
I guess reading isn't your strong suit. I have no problem with someone hiring an outfitter if they want to. Go for it. But the point is this clown wasn't out actually hunting with the outfitter. He sat at home and waited until the outfitter located the bull and then he hopped in his car and went to the kill site. THat means he wasn't a hunter, he was a shooter. A hunter is out there in the cold, glassing, looking for sign, participating with the outfitter in trying to locate game. Perhaps you don't grasp the difference?
Old 04-17-2020, 08:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Pretty obvious you never had to prosecute a case in a small town where everyone knows each other and many are related and the District Justice which is where a case starts i in court in PA, must get re elected every 4 years. They were guilty as sin!
Old 04-17-2020, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry but apparently I don't read or grasp things very well bwahaha so I'm not sure that I could ever understand either of your responses !
Old 04-17-2020, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry but apparently I don't read or grasp things very well bwahaha so I'm not sure that I could ever understand either of your responses !
Not surprising since they both require a little bit of common sense and basic reading ability. Having an IQ higher than 5 helps too. I suggest you go back and read them again and pay attention to what we are saying this time because you sure didn't grasp it the first time.
Old 04-18-2020, 04:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
..... I was the OP and I also was a PA Game warden for over 33 years. .....
https://www.centredaily.com/sports/o...KfvZDELQ1mzowY

Oltdimr, Way too much fluff and "wording" in that reporting! I boiled it down to this:

Richard Prentiss name was selected in the Aug. 18 drawing at the Elk County Visitors Center for a six-day fully guided Pennsylvania trophy elk hunt. On Wednesday, Sept. 11 — Prentiss drove over and hunted with guides that evening and the following day. Then, on the morning of Friday, Sept. 13, they located the elk on private property. Prentiss made a 136-yard shot and second time at 175 yards. The bull was down at 7:20 am.

After a four-month investigation, the Pennsylvania Game Commission filed charges earlier this month in a case involving the shooting of a trophy elk. On March 10, charges were filed with Magisterial District Judge Jerome Nevling in Kylertown, Clearfield County.

The charges:
1) using a motor vehicle to locate elk.
2) shooting at the elk after getting out from a vehicle while being within 25 yards of the traveled portion of the roadway.

In 2015, a different guide and hunter were charged with similar offenses, and Judge Nevling dismissed the case.

Last edited by RaySendero; 04-18-2020 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-18-2020, 04:36 AM
Fork Horn

I can not see the video in question. Could you or someone post a link with just the video?
Old 04-18-2020, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Not surprising since they both require a little bit of common sense and basic reading ability. Having an IQ higher than 5 helps too. I suggest you go back and read them again and pay attention to what we are saying this time because you sure didn't grasp it the first time.
I could say the same thing about you but hey I do have a bit of common sense and I also don't have to insult everyone that has a different opinion than me in order to feel superior when I'm definitely not.
Old 04-18-2020, 08:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by RaySendero
I can not see the video in question. Could you or someone post a link with just the video?
That was the only link I had. Perhaps you could google a news story by just googling for PA Guides and hunter charged with illegally hunting elk.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 04-18-2020 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-18-2020, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I could say the same thing about you but hey I do have a bit of common sense and I also don't have to insult everyone that has a different opinion than me in order to feel superior when I'm definitely not.
Did you bother going back and actually reading the post? Or are you just going to double down on ignorant? Never mind, I already know your answer. By the way, you never really voiced an opinion, you took issue with what I wrote without understanding what it meant. You don't have to have an IQ lower than 5, you can do something about that but I doubt you have the motivation to do so and will continue to wallow in idiocy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.