Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Last Season's Mulie

Old 03-11-2020, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Last Season's Mulie

I did a post earlier on a crazy horned mulie I took last Nov here in Amarillo TX. A coworker wanted to cull the buck and let me take it for meat.

He did say he would like to have the skull so I sent it off and had a Euro done with it so he can put it on his fireplace mantle. Picked it up this afternoon and took it to his place.

Kind of a cool deer.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree cool deer congrats

I have seen many odd looking deer over the yrs, both of these off the same farm,
this first one, I watched it grow all summer then as soon as it went to hard horn the twisted side broke off, and I found it

the second buck, ended up getting shot in gun season that yr

a few yrs back had another one like it, but the antlers were growing into its eye, antler was about a 1/8 inch from the eyeball! deer always had the eye closed, we at first thought it was damaging the eye!
so,
we caught it and cut the antler back some for it, even thought it wasn't in teh eye like we thought!, but we still think it was happier that we did so, as after that its both eye's were always open again, and it even bred a few doe before getting killed off the property!
as he also got shot in late deer season, kind of glad, as odds are the next set of antlers maybe if grew the same way would have taken out its eye!

but I think these types of deer are more common than we think
Attached Thumbnails Last Season's Mulie-freaky-8-2013.jpg   Last Season's Mulie-freaky-6.jpg  
Old 04-16-2020, 11:04 PM
Spike

Wow, what a mulie. I miss hunting so much.