Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Almost time..

Old 10-13-2019, 12:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes absolutely Big Uncle and then I can shoot it for her. She will split the moose with me for doing all the work and scouting etc. I was out last Friday scouting and saw what I thought was a cow and two calves. After getting a few pictures of them I discovered that they most likely were yearlings. One had a small maybe six points on him. The other never showed it’s head to me so not sure about that one other than it being a yearling. My sister told me to shoot the first bull we see no matter what the size of it is. I also talked with another group of woodcutters. They stated that they saw five moose in where they are cutting right now. The boss wanted to take me in right then and there. I told him not until Monday before I can hunt and I can’t hunt an active cutting. He says you be right here Monday morning and if anyone says anything to come see me. So I now have another place to go hunting in as well that wasn’t hunted during the September hunt. So I am pumped up that we will be doing alright. So tomorrow morning we will be going after one! I can hardly wait to see if we can get it done. I did purchase a Cocall 2 to try out as well.Here is a picture from Friday morning.
Attached Thumbnails Almost time..-83b801eb-e7f4-4221-93b9-a9f62fac6b46.jpeg  
Old 10-13-2019, 12:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Good luck Phil I hope you catch up with one.
Thank you CI
Old 10-13-2019, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

It sounds like you have some good areas available Phil. Hoping to see a good report from you tomorrow. Have fun and stay safe.

-Jake
Old 10-14-2019, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mr. Phil

That must be a really neat hunt. I have visited your beautiful state and can not quite picture how you fellows hunt those super thick woods and pull out a moose. The only moose I have seen in Maine was an enormous bull that was walking through a business area in the middle of the day.

Any joy yet?
Old 10-14-2019, 02:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
Mr. Phil

That must be a really neat hunt. I have visited your beautiful state and can not quite picture how you fellows hunt those super thick woods and pull out a moose. The only moose I have seen in Maine was an enormous bull that was walking through a business area in the middle of the day.

Any joy yet?
yes we nailed a real nice bull!