Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Wyoming antelope

Old 10-07-2019, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

It is strange seeing so much game.

I've hunted some densely populated areas in PA where I have seen over a hundred deer in a day. And it's not uncommon for me to see 30 a day now even with the herds being reduced from what they used to be.

But we probably saw 300 antelope and another 100 deer yesterday while scouting around the dirt roads. (not all in our unit) but still, just game all over the place.

​​​
-Jake
Old 10-07-2019, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Could have tagged out tonight. But wanted to look around and get serious tomorrow. Hopefully we don't regret that decision.
Thats a bison not an antelope lol
Old 10-07-2019, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Beautiful picture though!
Old 10-07-2019, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Bison eat better cal.

We had a great day. I took mine early in the morning. At 263 yards. Dad and both uncle's took there's throughout the day. Our last one at 5 o clock.

I spent the day running the range finder, skinning and quartering and packing stuff out. One group of about 25 antelope we played tag with for over two miles before Dad finally connected on our best one at 247 yards. It was a mile pack out to the road.

Uncle's took antelope at 330 yards and 176 yards as well. I really truly had a blast. Long, fun, day.

I'll get some pictures up when I can. Gonna eat and get cleaned up now. Shooting prairie dogs tomorrow hopefully.

-Jake
Old 10-07-2019, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

First one is mine. It was the first buck I saw but I liked him and liked the shot. 267 yards resting off my pack.

this was an uncle's at 330 yards off a bipod. We were actually sneaking up on another one that was still about 600 yards away when this one showed up to the West of us. So we watched it come in and it turned at 330 yards and he dropped it.

We Chased this group a long way. Over two miles. They'd let us start to get close and then they'd take off. We finally caught up to them in this valley. He took the shot from that flat top hill to the left of his head. Antelope shook, walked a circle, and flipped over backwards. It has some neat junk on its horns that I'll try to get a better picture of later.
​​​

Last edited by Bocajnala; 10-07-2019 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

I figured it wouldn't be too hard to get one with a rifle congrats on the successful hunt !
Old 10-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

The meat on those grassland bucks should be pretty good. Did anybody draw a doe tag?

Well done on your first pronghorn hunt!
Old 10-08-2019, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Well done and cool pics. I've eaten antelope and it was really good but I had the quarters on ice before it got above 60 degrees that morning. I've eaten bison at restaurants that serve it but have not got one myself to taste the difference. Congrats again on a cool hunt and some great memories.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations to all of you on your successful hunting. They look like they would be great eating.. Nice photos as well..
Old 10-08-2019, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Few additional photos from the hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.