Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Pronghorn trip

Old 10-03-2019, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pronghorn trip

I just got back from Wyoming with a couple coolers full of pronghorn meat. The weather was reasonably nice - at first. However, it turned fairly nasty with heavy wind, and the rain and snow made the two tracks turn into slick mud. My wife took a pretty good buck (mid 70's) for the area we were in, and we also took a couple of does. Sometimes the unexpected happens so naturally the buck was easy to put in the cooler (nice weather) and the does were hard to come by (bad weather). We generally had a good time on this vacation and she wants to do it again next year.

Road construction made travel across the country very difficult this year. I do not understand why so many long lane closures are necessary when there is absolutely no sign of work being done.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the hunt and trip. Sounds like a good time.

We ran into the same long lane closures with little to no road work being done on a trip to Yellowstone last month. I could see a road crew having the weekend off but not working on a weekday in good weather was puzzling.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like you guys had a good trip. I saw some pictures of snow on the ground Wednesday morning. Hoping things dry out by next week while I'm there.

-Jake
Old 10-03-2019, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

I live here on purpose. Wyoming weather is nuts. It's not unusual to have the heat on in the morning, the AC during the day, and wind killing you at night. It keeps people out, so I like it.

Love antelope! Make chili out of it. You'll thank me.

Come back soon!
Old 10-04-2019, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the speed goats was lucky enough to put an arrow through one in Montana myself nothing like some fresh bbq pronghorn back strap.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:44 PM
Spike

Just got back from Rockin 7 in Wyoming last week actually! Got a goat and a Muley...dad got a 10 pt Whitetail! just a beautiful part of the country!!!
Old 10-11-2019, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pghhunter
Just got back from Rockin 7 in Wyoming last week actually! Got a goat and a Muley...dad got a 10 pt Whitetail! just a beautiful part of the country!!!
Were you guided 2x1 or 1x1? Rockin 7 is a little pricey but it does look like it has a very nice lodge.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:34 PM
Spike

Good for you