Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

NZ Hunting

Old 07-29-2019, 12:09 AM
Spike

Default NZ Hunting

I am a very passionate kiwi hunter and believe hunter representation and new hunter recruitment is key on going forward for the future and am very interested in learning about hunting big game out of NZ.
Hunting in NZ can be done very cheaply on public land with no closed seasons. All tho we have no predators, the extreme terrain and volatile weather of the alps can not be under estimated when hunting Tahr and chamois in the southern Alps or Elk in Fiordland but you will never forget the adventure.
If anyone is thinking about coming to NZ for a hunt then get a hold of me and if I can't answer your questions then I should know someone that can.
I am not a guide ( but know a few) I just simply believe that helping our fellow hunters can open many more hunting opportunities and maybe one day you can help me out.

Last edited by Kiwi freerange; 07-29-2019 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-29-2019, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HNI. I've only seen videos from New Zealand, but the terrain looks absolutely beautiful. If you get to hunt there regularly then you are blessed!

-Jake
Old 07-29-2019, 09:11 AM
Spike

[QUOTE=Bocajnala;4358698]Welcome to HNI. I've only seen videos from New Zealand, but the terrain looks absolutely beautiful. If you get to hunt there regularly then you are blessed!

-Jake[/QUOTE
Thanks mate , feel pretty lucky to have the game we do, all introduce and it's a constant fight to retain what we have. We are only just now starting to form game management foundations but there is still no tag system only a ballot system for elk in the rut and a couple other species.
A hunting permit is free for state forests all year around
you are welcome any time dude.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard. We used to have a guy from NZ post about his hunting adventures and he also told people to look him up if anybody wanted to go over to New Zealand and hunt. If you get a chance, please post some pictures (lots of pictures actually) and any information about the hunting there. For a lot of us, it's a bucket list item somewhere in the future. In the meantime, we can live vicariously and drool.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:01 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by CalHunter
Welcome aboard. We used to have a guy from NZ post about his hunting adventures and he also told people to look him up if anybody wanted to go over to New Zealand and hunt. If you get a chance, please post some pictures (lots of pictures actually) and any information about the hunting there. For a lot of us, it's a bucket list item somewhere in the future. In the meantime, we can live vicariously and drool.
will do brother
Old 07-31-2019, 12:08 AM
Spike

I have to reduce my file size. Some pics on Facebook or Instagram. free range hunting international, check it out