Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Wanting to hunt mountain lion >

Wanting to hunt mountain lion

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wanting to hunt mountain lion

Old 06-03-2019, 06:51 PM
Spike

Default Wanting to hunt mountain lion

Does anyone know of an outfitter or have someone they would recommend for a mountian lion hunt? I fully understand there is many variables in having success. But looking to experience hunting them without paying an outfitter 5k plus. I have heard there is guys who’s hobby is treeing cats with there dogs. So if anyone knows someone who wouldn’t mind a couple extra guys tagging a long let me know! We are both around 30 and in good shape, and willing to work. We could possibly trade Iowa/ Nebraska hunting. And could even do cash on your end. Thanks for your help!
Old 06-03-2019, 11:23 PM
Spike

Edited by bocajnala -Good luck.

Last edited by Bocajnala; 06-05-2019 at 03:58 AM.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Edited by bocajnala

Last edited by Bocajnala; 06-05-2019 at 03:58 AM.
Old 06-04-2019, 04:27 PM
Spike

The 1st 2 replies doesn't make it seem too promising does it? I'd guess with those type of responses that may be why new membership is at an all time lo.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:11 PM
Spike

Sadly I have have to agree. Being from the Deep South, I know nothing about the species you have selected to hunt but I would have liked to see more encouragement for you ! Good luck in your endeavors. Good luck
Old 06-04-2019, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Can not help with the hunt itself, but I have a friend here in Montana, he is close to your age, has killed quite a few cats already on his folks ranch and neighbors, he swears the best way to kill a cat is simply tracking them in the snow. Of course fresh snow is best he says, he states a cat , being the alpha predator, never looks back as it travels, always ahead of itself. He puts some miles on but he swears it is a good strategy to use if you do not have hounds. Are you from Nebraska? I know they have a season down that way if so.
Old 06-05-2019, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Keep it positive gentleman, or don't post at all.

That's the warning

-Jake
Old 06-05-2019, 03:51 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Check out Seven J outfitters in WY.
You wont be disappointed.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do a google search. Lots of good outfitters for cougar in lots of states. Different prices and dates depending on the states. Narrow it down some.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with your hunt, Cougars can be few and far between, where I come from they cover a lot of territory. One big Cat I knew of covered most of a hundred miles in the mountains around the valley I lived in. That is a hundred level miles, probably two hundred if you count the ups and downs. That Cat opened up one of my dogs' guts like somebody had used a box knife.
I'd do my due diligence even with an outfitter, in California big Cats are seriously protected, a ten day depredation permit is the only way to legally shoot one unless you catch them in the act. Laws and regulations change, they can be regional and not statewide, fines can be horrendous.
I tend to hunt animals that are classified as pests or harvest and avoid things like Bear and Cougar. I just don't need the aggravation, I stick with meat harvest, prolific predators, varmints or Hogs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.