Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Wanting to hunt mountain lion >

Wanting to hunt mountain lion

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wanting to hunt mountain lion

Old 06-09-2019, 07:16 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by mthusker
Can not help with the hunt itself, but I have a friend here in Montana, he is close to your age, has killed quite a few cats already on his folks ranch and neighbors, he swears the best way to kill a cat is simply tracking them in the snow. Of course fresh snow is best he says, he states a cat , being the alpha predator, never looks back as it travels, always ahead of itself. He puts some miles on but he swears it is a good strategy to use if you do not have hounds. Are you from Nebraska? I know they have a season down that way if so.
No, I am from Western Iowa. Thank you for the advice! I just know there’s got to be someone out there that loves doing it, and would be willing to take us for a couple thousand bucks vs 5-6k
Old 06-09-2019, 07:18 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by mthusker
Can not help with the hunt itself, but I have a friend here in Montana, he is close to your age, has killed quite a few cats already on his folks ranch and neighbors, he swears the best way to kill a cat is simply tracking them in the snow. Of course fresh snow is best he says, he states a cat , being the alpha predator, never looks back as it travels, always ahead of itself. He puts some miles on but he swears it is a good strategy to use if you do not have hounds. Are you from Nebraska? I know they have a season down that way if so.
We are from western Iowa. Thank you for the advice! I just know there’s got to be someone out there who loves doing it, and willing to take us for a couple thousand bucks vs 5-6k a piece