Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

2019 hunting plans

Old 02-16-2019, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

Default 2019 hunting plans

So, what does 2019 have in store for you?

I'll hunt Ohio and Pennsylvania for spring turkey. Will probably only get two days in each state, but will make the best of it.

Summer will include fishing farm ponds with the kids. Getting my oldest boy, 6, into some pa trout fishing this year as well. Also trapping for snapping turtle. And shooting the .22 with the kids.

Fall will be trying to get the oldest boy out several times for some squirrels.

I'm hoping to draw for antelope in Wyoming and that will take up early October. If I have time I'll try to get out with my wife for PA early muzzleloader season. We doubled up this past season and it was a fun time.

November will be fall turkey in Ohio and PA black bear at the camp I go to in Clinton county PA. It's some of the most beautiful country around and I had to miss this past season so I'm excited to get back up there.

After Thanksgiving starts the deer Chase. I'll be between Ohio and Pennsylvania and hunting hard.

What's 2019 hold for you?

-Jake
Old 02-17-2019, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

2019 will be a quiet year me me. I will turkey hunt Vermont this spring and then bow, Rifle, and Muzzleloader for deer here as well. The forest fire that burned our Colorado house down also burned the area that we elk hunted. It will take several years before it gets good again.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
2019 will be a quiet year me me. I will turkey hunt Vermont this spring and then bow, Rifle, and Muzzleloader for deer here as well. The forest fire that burned our Colorado house down also burned the area that we elk hunted. It will take several years before it gets good again.

Have you decided to keep the property and rebuild there Rob?

-Jake
Old 02-17-2019, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

We are keeping the land where we hunt. Where the house was ( a few miles from where we hunt) we are undecided and have been looking for a new place elsewhere. Seriously looking at Wyoming.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear that Rob. Keep us posted on Wyoming also. Any part of Wyoming so far?

Back to the OP topic. 2019 is gonna be busy. All local in state but lots of hunting planned. Bobcat, fox, coyote. Spring and Fall turkey, deer and bear. Next year will be even busier.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looking at the Pinedale area or Sheridan area.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

Not exactly hunting, but in early August I'm honored to be attending the Boone & Crockett 30th Big Game Awards ceremony in Springfield, MO for the Québec-Labrador Caribou that I shot in 2017.

Right now my fall hunting plans are to start off with a moose and caribou hunt in Newfoundland in September.

As soon as I get home from that hunt I will hopefully (if I draw a tag) hunt pronghorn antelope in eastern Montana.

Then in late October and through November I'll be hunting Montana elk and mule or whitetail deer.

The first week of December I'll be hunting Sitka blacktail deer on Kodiak Island, Alaska.

And throughout the fall I hope to fit in some days of grouse and pheasant hunting.

Of course some of these plans would change if I'm lucky enough to draw a Montana bighorn sheep, moose, or goat tag, but after 30+ years of applying and not drawing those tags, I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by buffybr; 02-17-2019 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buffybr, who are you hunting with in Newfoundland? It’s a fun time on the Rock!
Old 02-18-2019, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a slim hope of making a trip to Zambia this summer (it is their winter), pronghorn in September, elk and whitetail deer in October and November, and the highlight of the year - squirrels in the late fall.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have recently seen a couple of more reasonable rates for buffalo hunts in Tanzania. Hunts there are usually very expensive ("need to win the lottery" expensive). Still if I take that long airplane ride it will be Zambia, but there are other things that might need my undivided attention this summer so chances are slim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.