Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Almont CO outfitter?

Old 02-08-2019, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Almont CO outfitter?

A friend is ready to book a bow hunt for elk and asked me to find out what I could about an outfitter. The name is AEI Guide and Outfitters out of Almont, Colorado. Their website says they have a good sized ranch in the valley just to the East of the big reservoir in Unit 55 and mostly hunt in the Gunnison NF nearby. Like many sites there are many photos and little real information. Does anyone here know anything about them?.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

MY 2 cents here, contact the local game warden in there area, as well as a few of the local sporting goods stores(aka, gun shop/bow shops)
you many times get great info doing thing this, or I sure have!
if you stick to THERE web site and THERE references, you many times get one sided views IMO

another thing you can do is ask them for a list of all the hunters they had in the past 5 yrs or so
and contact a bunch ans ask them, make sure you ask for hunters that both tagged out and DIDN"T
this is MY suggestion for you/your buddy!
Old 02-09-2019, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

Go to Bowsite.com and look at the Outfitters Report forum
Old 02-09-2019, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 270sniper
Go to Bowsite.com and look at the Outfitters Report forum
I have already looked at Bowsite and can not find anything on this outfitter there in the reviews. Since you are recommending that I look there I am guessing you saw something that I did not. I did a search of outfitters, and also by state and could not find them. What did you see on Bowsite about AEI?
Old 02-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

If they aren't big on guiding bowhunters, bowsite won't have much.

Google is your friend, just google the name and see what comes up.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

if you only get feedback from online reviews, your going to miss a LOT of info on them
again, contact locals that live near them, you all know how locals know it all,. good and bad
and so do local wardens
folks that tend to post online, IMO< either are there to complain about something or, brag
and that is not an honest review either way
some folks will always get lucky and some will NEVER be happy!
nothing beats info from folks outside the business that have nothing vested in saying, good or bad!
anyone that plans to spend hard earned money and NOT be willing to do more leg work to find out info, is silly IMO< and asking for a BAD time
only a small section of hunters waste time on forums and online reviews, majority of them DON"T
not bashing forums, just being honest and trying to give solid advice on finding and picking an outfitters ANY WHERE!
more work you do, better the out come odds will be!
lazy IMO is ONLY looking online ?
Old 02-14-2019, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Obviously nobody here knows anything about this outfitter.

I am sure the responses were made with the best intentions, however, it should be noted that I did not seek advice how to book an outfitter, how to do the homework, how to google, how to use the telephone, etc. I quite simply asked if anybody here knew anything about them. This seems like asking what time it is and being advised on how to buy or build a watch..

Thanks for the responses, I appreciate the effort.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
Obviously nobody here knows anything about this outfitter.

I am sure the responses were made with the best intentions, however, it should be noted that I did not seek advice how to book an outfitter, how to do the homework, how to google, how to use the telephone, etc. This seems like asking what time it is and being advised on how to buy or build a watch.
Spot on. Often times people treat these threads like it's a shortcut or the person didn't do their homework or don't want to do it.

It's quite possible, and even probable, that these threads are just one part of the research process. Nobody makes their decision based off one thread on a hunting forum.

It's just part of the process

Oh, also, I have no info on that outfitter.

-Jake