Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Go to hunting forum?

Old 12-12-2018, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default Go to hunting forum?

Just curious what hunting forum's are your "go to " forums? Seems like there are a few I have joined, but seems the hot forum's currently are slanted towards "public land" hunting. My hunting is pretty much all done on private ground, and I am kind of proud of that fact. Just wondering what other forums for hunting I may be missing, thanks.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like Bowsite.com.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

So what do you do different on your land, then public? Just care about food plots? I think the QDMA site went down. Some of those guys really have a stick up their bum. I am guessing....

I am land owner.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I come here a lot but more for the political stuff. I check out hunting stuff here but usually do a search for the specific topic or hunting issue and then see what the search results find. So I may check out 5-10 different websites before I get enough info or just finish enjoying the different views and experiences presented.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

Ya more here on the search function.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Berserker
So what do you do different on your land, then public? Just care about food plots? I think the QDMA site went down. Some of those guys really have a stick up their bum. I am guessing....

I am land owner.
I have never put in a food plot nor a game camera, when I said I was proud of the fact I hunt private ground, it simply means I have put in the work to be able to hunt such properties. If anyone has a stick up their bum.....
Old 12-12-2018, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mthusker
I have never put in a food plot nor a game camera, when I said I was proud of the fact I hunt private ground, it simply means I have put in the work to be able to hunt such properties. If anyone has a stick up their bum.....
I liked QDMA for the simple fact that judging somebody else's intelligence is usually about how much they agree with you. I liked and followed many of their recommendations for good forage crops.

I mostly hunt leases, either my own or swapped hunts with other leases.

Some basic differences between public land and private are IMO private is more like game management than true wild land hunting. Most of the leases I hunt are mixed woods and agriculture. And a big part of my hunting is keeping the crop damage down to acceptable levels. I put out food plots to try and keep the game out of the crops.

I've had some good and bad experiences hunting public land. Many of the problems I've had with public land is some people get pretty aggressive and territorial about the whole thing. I own a parcel of land that borders public state owned land. I've had guys try and run me off of my own land. Not my idea of hunting, confronting or being confronted by armed ignoramuses out in the middle of nowhere. Something about being out in the middle of nowhere that seems to strip the thin veneer of civility out of some people.
This is the only hunting site I hang out at, not enough hours in a day to spend too much time on line.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Texas Hunting Forum is my main go to with this one being 2nd. I sometimes go to 24 Hour Campfire. Used to be a serious member of Accurate Reloading but left it because it is owned by a member of the royal family in Dubai and he encouraged a lot of anti-American type of threads. I also spend some time on Swamp Talk (which is a trapping forum) and I was a lifetime member of the North American Hunting Club and spent a lot of time on that forum before they sold it to the SCOUT conglomerate and it got ruined.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:08 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mthusker
...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 12-14-2018 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Rules 2, 4 & 8--7 Days off.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Do you ever read what you try to post?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.