Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Elk hunt in PA  w/ pictures >

Elk hunt in PA w/ pictures

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk hunt in PA w/ pictures

Old 06-28-2019, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

I missed this Post originally. Congrats to oldtimer on a great hunt and what must be some great eating. My family is all from Pa. but I live in Virginia so am trying to draw an out of state permit. I doubt I will ever get drawn, but you never know. I wrote down the two outfitters you listed as I dont think I can do a DIY hunt not knowing much about the area and have never hunted Elk before. I dont know if the Elk herd they are growing here in Va. will be huntable before I get too old to hunt them, but I have my fingers crossed.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by mackesr
I missed this Post originally. Congrats to oldtimer on a great hunt and what must be some great eating. My family is all from Pa. but I live in Virginia so am trying to draw an out of state permit. I doubt I will ever get drawn, but you never know. I wrote down the two outfitters you listed as I dont think I can do a DIY hunt not knowing much about the area and have never hunted Elk before. I dont know if the Elk herd they are growing here in Va. will be huntable before I get too old to hunt them, but I have my fingers crossed.
Good luck.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Just put in for the pa elk draw. And wanted to come back and read this thread. I get excited every year at the opportunity!

-Jake
Good luck Boca, I decided not to put in this year, I still have a ton of meat and a deer season coming up and I would rather see someone who has never get drawn get the shot. Perhaps in a year or two if I am still upright.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

For what it's worth OT, they give a preference point only option if you still want the point but don't want to be entered in this year's draw.

-Jake
Old 06-28-2019, 02:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, I know, I am still kicking that around.
Old 06-28-2019, 04:30 PM
Spike

Wow this is actually pretty cool OT. Boca, you'll have to let us know if you draw.
Old 06-28-2019, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by huntersgearguide
Wow this is actually pretty cool OT. Boca, you'll have to let us know if you draw.
It's unlikely. But I put in every year and get excited at the opportunity.

-Jake
Old 07-05-2019, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I entered the PA elk lottery this year, but there is probably a better chance of winning at Powerball than drawing the license. I have taken a bunch of elk in the Rocky Mountain states and it would be a whole new experience hunting them in the Eastern forests.