Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Who builds the best wall tent ? >

Who builds the best wall tent ?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Who builds the best wall tent ?

Old 04-05-2007, 06:43 AM

Default Who builds the best wall tent ?

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a new wall tent and would like some opinions on the best one to buy. I figure I need a 12 X 14 with atleast one window in the rear and a3 way zipper door w/ flap.I am thinking maybe the traditional pole setupwouldfit the bill,I have been lugging a frame around for a while and its a pain.

I like the one Colorado Tent Co. builds as far as fitting the requirements, are they a good tent ?

Does anyone build a better one?

thanks,Brad

post some pics of your setup...........
Old 04-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Who builds the best wall tent ?

I can only speak from what is said around the "coffee table" at work with the guys. They all swear by thier Davis tents. I will be purchasing a single pole 12x12 canvas tent for my pack in trips this fall. Up until this year I have used a Cablea's outfitter tent but will be switching to a canvas tent. When we talked about it they were all 100% in agreement Davis is the only tent out there. One of the guys have a 20x30... we call the "circus tent" made by Davis. They have a scratch and dent sale every spring that the tents are about 50% off. Many of these are damaged at all just were a screw up with an orderor have a stained spot on them. I would call them and talk with them.
http://davistent.com/
Old 04-05-2007, 09:49 PM

I agree with that! Davis Tents has some of the best tents on the market and Rick Davis is really great to work with! If you buy your tent from him, purchase the rain guard for the tent and the floor but do not purchase it sewn in. They are much easier to pack in and clean without the floor sewn in!

Enjoy it!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

I am sure that most have a favorite brand....and as with most things in life it is for varying reasons.
There are several good tent makers out there that make quality tents. Buying a good one is only half the battle!
Taking care of it ensures that it will stay that way! We have one Montana Canvas wall tent with another on the way. Couldn't be happier with them.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Davis tent and its great. Theres lots of good companys out there just do some homework. I called Davis and asked a bunch of questions and I was sold on them after that. The tent has worked great and is everything I wanted. Pick out your options and buy what you want even if it means saving a bit more. I got doors on both ends, windows on the sides and screens installed. Nice and cool during the summer and real warm using the cylinder stove from them in the winter.

Don
Old 04-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

I've got a Colorado Tent----they are good---I'd buy another one. Mine 12x14x5. Make sure you get 5' side walls. I built my frame from 1" electrical conduit. Good luck CB
Old 04-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

I like Davis tent also. Very nice folks. But, you should also consider Montana Tent. I saw both at the RMEF meeting in Reno. Couldn't decide between the two....but, Montana tent had a better show special.

Either way I don't think you will go wrong.

You can also check out www.govliquidation.com and see if there are any thents up for auction in your area. They usually go for hundreds less...but, most of them are used. It really helps a lot if someone can check them out for you before you bid. Most do not seem to come with frames.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Davis is good quality and the customer service people are great. JMO
Dan
Old 04-09-2007, 06:32 AM

I own a 14X16 Davis wall tent and love it. I have the taditional poles and it is a breeze to set up. I did go with the largest stove that they make I don't pack this in so I like the extra warmth and longer burn time.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

I had a Montana (Cabela's) wall tent 14x17 and it was great
however we horse pack in and it was too heavy,I sold it to a friend
and we got a Reliable 14x16 both have 5 ft. sidewalls.
The reliable weighs half as much. Now if you can drive to your spot
the Montana is a lot better. We always cut our own poles.
It takes 3 people to set it up.
Redclub

Quick Reply: Who builds the best wall tent ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.