Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Buck Lake Adventures Newfoundland >

Buck Lake Adventures Newfoundland

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Buck Lake Adventures Newfoundland

Old 03-13-2019, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

darn nice mule deer, congrats
Old 03-14-2019, 02:28 AM
Typical Buck

She has a pretty nice collection of animals. I'm jealous. Love the Mule Deer. One of my favorite animals to hunt by far. It's probably because I do not get the opportunity very much.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:54 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
I’m resurrecting this thread. I had such a great time last year (even though I didn’t fill my tag) that I am headed back this fall. I decided to try late season as the moose are starting to yard up and bigger bulls are taken with groups of bulls seen. I am going the week of Nov 4th. Time will tell how I do, but I’m sure I will have fun.

Stay tuned . . .
Well, how'd that go. Thought of your post when I had a moose steak last week. I'm still getting hair/dirt in nearly every pack we open. I actually helped the guide clean off the qtrs. before they were delivered to them so I know it wasn't on our part. The guys at the processor in Cormack sure seemed nice enough but I'll never use them again...... Should've done it myself as usual.
Old 12-08-2019, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

The hunt was very disappointing. We went late season (Nov 4-8) in hopes of see groups of moose starting to yard up for winter. We hunted dark to dark every day, all day long. First two days had perfect weather with blue sky’s, little wind, cold temps and a few inches of snow on the ground. Day 3 was heavy rain, day 4 was 20mph winds, and the final day was a snowstorm with 7” that day. We glassed what seemed like hundreds of miles of country in the week. Didn’t even see many tracks. I saw 4 cows and 3 calves total. One guy took a decent 8pt bull probably 35” wide. Another took a spike bull and a small boar bear, two other hunters shot cows, and myself and the other hunter didn’t take any game.

it was really strange not to see many animals or even tracks. The outfitter was frustrated as well and didn’t know where they were. Not sure if there has been a decline in population, a lot of local pressure, or some other factor?

My next moose hunt will be in British Columbia.

Last edited by Rob in VT; 12-09-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is rotten luck! It initially sounded like it would be a high success hunt based on your previous experience. Hopefully you can fill that empty spot on your wall with a big bull on your trip to BC.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:03 AM
Dominant Buck

What about Quebec Rob?
Old 12-13-2019, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Did you see any Caribou ?

I see he runs every week until December. Like 10-12 weeks of hunters. I thought NL outfitters run 4 weeks... and then stop because of the weather..
Old 12-14-2019, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don’t care for Quebec CI.

Yes we did see some caribou at a distance. We were more in bogs/cuts than tundra. He only gets 4 Caribou tags per year and I believe is booked up for the next few years.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
I don’t care for Quebec CI.

Yes we did see some caribou at a distance. We were more in bogs/cuts than tundra. He only gets 4 Caribou tags per year and I believe is booked up for the next few years.
Why not? I was thinking about looking into Quebec because its close.
Old 12-18-2019, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

People are rude and don’t like Americans.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.