Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bear hunting

Old 09-28-2018, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

Just download the states regs. Varies a great deal between states. Should spell out what is legal.

you use scents to open baits. But I would think a bear might only come once. So need to be there that time or lots of bears.

so unless illegal I would bait. Barrel or dig a hole and cover with logs. Hollow stump with a cap on it. They must use chainsaws to make. Want to keep other animals out and dry.

if allowed to use meat wait until active until using much. I have used scraps of last year's deer. I think it has distinct smell. My bait went cold, saturated with dog baits, but scraps of venison on barrel would bring them in. But wouldn't touch my bsit. They were. Ate it at new spot.

also shovel out if gets to old, brings in scavengera but I think you need to.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

Go to farm store ad get some gloved that go all the way up arm. Especially if you want to mount. I am going to start using for deer. I am.usually a mess. I know some guys aren't. I haven't violated enough to get good at it.

they rip easy but still.covered in so much blood. Probably make them for hunters too
Old 09-29-2018, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

Easy bait if you are allow to: go to one of those gas stations that sells food or to a restaurant and ask if you can have some of the grease from their grease containers out back. I have had no trouble getting the stuff. Pour it on the side of several trees in you bow range and then make a pit and pour it into thereafter. Makes it easier to conceal also.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

Doctor up dog food or some kind of animal feed. That is easy to do if. If you are baiting for weeks before the season, than you need to think about costs. Most people do.But you can just bait for a couple days and get lucky, if bears are present.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:36 PM
Spike

We are proud to offer a quality, personalized hunt for spring black bear in Alaska. I wouldn't feel that fragrance would be viewed as draw, I should consider a diversion superintendent the book I don't believe is sure about this.