HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   More Federal Judge interference (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/418950-more-federal-judge-interference.html)

Oldtimr 08-31-2018 02:48 AM

More Federal Judge interference

WYOMING

Judge puts hold on

Rockies grizzly hunt

A judge on Thursday temporarily blocked the opening of the first grizzly bear hunts in the Rocky Mountains in more than 40 years, as he considers whether the government was wrong to lift federal protections on the animals.

U.S. District Judge Dana Christensen’s order came two days before Idaho and Wyoming prepared to open the first grizzly bear hunting seasons in the Lower 48 states since 1974. The move marked a victory for wildlife advocates and Native American tribes.

SOURCE: WIRE REPORTS

buffybr 09-01-2018 05:57 AM

"The move marked a victory for wildlife advocates and Native American tribes."
Total B.S. The TRUE wildlife advocates are the hunters and the professional wildlife managers that know and actually CARE for the wildlife. The grizzlies have made a strong comeback in Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho, and limited hunting will not in any way be a detriment to their population.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has made the determination that the grizzlies have recovered, and have given their management back to the states The professional biologists in the state wildlife agencies have determined that there can be limited hunting, End of story!! Just like the wolf issue, this has absolutely NO business in the courts, and just like the wolves, it will end up wasting thousands of state wildlife agency dollars defending their decision, and will end up hurting other wildlife and probably domestic animals.

The grizzly may have been a totem to some of the Indian tribes, but throughout their history they hunted the bears, and anything that they say now has absolutely no validity in the states decisions for a very limited grizzly hunting season.

flags 09-01-2018 06:56 AM

Many people think the purpose of the ESA is to keep species on it forever when it fact it clearly states that when a species has recovered it will be removed from the list. Professional biologists have determined the grizzly has recovered to a point where it can be turned over to the wildlife depts of the various states for management. However some armchair expert that has probably never got out of the city long enough to even see a live grizzly thinks they know better.

We should take 20-30 grizzlies to NYC and turn them loose in Central Park and let them spread out. Do the same thing in downtown LA and Chicago. Won't be long before the idiots begin to understand how managing the population of apex predators is a really sound idea!

Erno86 09-01-2018 07:31 AM

The area that should be banned to hunt grizzlies near Yellowstone for the time being, is the Northern corridor outside of the park; so that the Canadian and Yellowstone grizzlies can migrate; in order so that they can eventually spread their genes between the two.

Oldtimr 09-01-2018 08:01 AM

What you do not know lefty would fill volumes! What are you even doing on a sportsman's message board, I doubt you even own a firearm or hunting bow. The professionals, both state and federal who are charged by law to protect and manage wildlife have made an educated decision which benefits both the animals and the human population and that is their job, not the court's job. The federal circus courts should net even be involved, this is just more leftist legislation from the bench usurping those who are legally charged with making the decisions on wildlife. What does a federal circuit judge know about bears or any other species of wildlife? Zip, Nada, Nothing, that is what. They read petitions from bone headed bleeding heart bunny huggers who don't know crap from shineola to make a affecting people who do know something about the subject and generally ignore the information provided by the professionals. Don't bring your liberal leftist crap here, take it somewhere where they might think you know something. And before you start to whine about your 1st amendment rights and have a right to say what you said, that is true. However it is also true that we have the right to tell you you don't know anything about the subject at hand and to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

flags 09-01-2018 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Erno86 (Post 4341012)
The area that should be banned to hunt grizzlies near Yellowstone for the time being, is the Northern corridor outside of the park; so that the Canadian and Yellowstone grizzlies can migrate; in order so that they can eventually spread their genes between the two.

You live in MD! What the heck do you know about the entire Yellowstone region? Can you read a map? Do you have any idea how far it is from the northern boundary of Yellowstone to Canada? From Gardiner Montana which is right at the northern border of Yellowstone along a straight line to Sweet Grass Montana which is right at the USA/Canada border is nearly 300 miles! So you think these bears are just going to suddenly "mingle?" How much migrating do you thing grizzlies do? They have a home range and do not migrate at all! Are you really this ignorant?

Erno86 09-01-2018 08:47 AM

Flags -

I agree to disagree that bears "do not migrate at all." When a bear cub comes of age...the sow chases them away to avoid interbreeding.

It is very important for the Northern and Yellowstone grizzlies too intermingle, so that they can guarantee their survival --- According to a NYT's Science article.

I would love to have the chance of hunting grizzlies around Yellowstone myself, save for the Northern corridor above Yellowstone; since I'm an avid conservationist and firearms, archery hunting sportsman as well.

Oldtimr 09-01-2018 09:07 AM

That is not migration skippy! It is eliminating competition. Do you really think bears comprehend interbreeding and that is the reason they chase their young away ? Yeah, you are a hunter alright.

Erno86 09-01-2018 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4341020)
That is not migration skippy! It is eliminating competition. Do you really think bears comprehend interbreeding and that is the reason they chase their young away ? Yeah, you are a hunter alright.

I'm speculating that the interbreeding fear from bears is based on instinct.

flags 09-01-2018 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Erno86 (Post 4341022)
I'm speculating that the interbreeding fear from bears is based on instinct.

And I'm speculating that you really may be as ignorant as you appear! You really don't have a clue do you? You're about 3 dumb posts from the list. Even on this you're turning to the NYT? What the heck do they know about grizzlies?