Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Open Letter to MNR

Old 08-16-2018, 10:44 AM
Spike

Default Open Letter to MNR

Hi everybody,
On behalf of the hunters in my group and hopefully many others I addressed a letter that I sent to MNR that contains among other things many grievances we all have regarding moose tag allocations, calf season, tag automatic transfer and others. You will find it attached to this post. There are three files since file size is limited. Anyway, I would like to know your opinions, and if you have more info, or suggestions bring them up in your comments. If you agree with at least some of the things in the letter please forward it to your friends, post it on Facebook etc. I would appreciate if you take the time to read it and hopefully endorse it. Help to make an impact in voicing our disappointment in the way MNR conducts business.
Attached Thumbnails Open Letter to MNR-open-letter-mnr-2.pdf   Open Letter to MNR-open-letter-mnr-3.pdf   Open Letter to MNR-open-letter-mnr-1.pdf  
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Open Letter to MNR 1.doc (58.5 KB, 45 views)
Old 09-14-2018, 11:37 PM
Spike

Its MNRF now, no longer called MNR
Moose populations are way down from years past. Way down!
This is largely due to access. Access to areas that were once totally inaccessible. Logging over the past 30 years has opened up almost every area of Ontario that was once only accessible by air craft or canoe.
These large areas contained moose populations that had zero hunting pressure and were able to help in repopulating the areas that were frequently hunted.
Anyone that says moose populations are high have absolutely no clue.
i do agree that MNRF is doing a terrible job of managing our forests and animal populations. I'm astonished they still allow cow and calf moose to be harvested. These breeders and young moose should be left alone until the population increases.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

This doesn't affect me at all but you asked for comments. If this was my state I would vigorously oppose your suggestions for moose hunting. When you get done killing all the bulls how do the cows get bred, then on top of that you want to hammer the calves which are the future of the herd. If taken seriously and adopted, your suggestions would doom your moose herd.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:17 AM
Spike

Deer is in the same family with moose and breeds the same and everybody gets a buck tag. As far as the calf this is the way it's been forever. Everybody gets a calf tag. I proposed to change that. Maybe you need to read it again?
Old 11-13-2018, 04:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Really? How many deer are there in MN compared to the number of Moose? That is a ridiculous comparison.