Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Newfoundland Moose Outfitter Question >

Newfoundland Moose Outfitter Question

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Newfoundland Moose Outfitter Question

Old 07-08-2018, 12:29 PM
Spike

Default Newfoundland Moose Outfitter Question

Looking at booking a Newfoundland Moose hunt. Has anyone booked with Hinterland? Its a drive in camp but looks pretty remote. Called references and everyone was real positive. Just looking for any feedback from others.

The other outfitter I was looking at was the hideaway lodge But seemed like you would have more completion from local hunters there.

any feed back would be appreciated
Old 07-11-2018, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am going the end of Sept with Buck Lake Adventures. Will post how it goes after that. Moose Valley also has a very good reputation.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck rob!
Old 07-16-2018, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
I am going the end of Sept with Buck Lake Adventures. Will post how it goes after that. Moose Valley also has a very good reputation.
buck lake looks to have some impressive moose
Old 07-16-2018, 10:59 AM
Spike

I'll be there the week before Rob. Apparently US Cellular will have zero service in Canada after June of this year so I'm guessing a prepaid card with international service would be the way to go??? No experience with any of those phones/cards so any details of anyone's experience would be appreciated.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

I went with Patey and Sons Ltd. three years ago, and go on another hunt with them this September. Very professional and well organized, fly in, one on one guide.
We had a great time and both of us got bulls. Due to really rotten weather, we decided to take the first palmated bulls we saw, which was on the Monday of the hunt. That one day in the field, I saw three moose (one bull and two monstrous cows) and my hunting buddy saw seven, including three bulls.
A coastal storm was blowing in the day we flew in, really messing things up for us. Monday was a clear day we took advantage of, but the weather was to turn crappy again for the rest of the week. for what the weather was, we were very happy with the end results.