Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Does this qualify as Big Game? >

Does this qualify as Big Game?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Does this qualify as Big Game?

Old 04-29-2018, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by REM_7600
flags,

REM7600 -- PM me if you want to continue dialogue
Why would I waste my time doing that. A baby deer is a fawn. You say they call them a "lamb" out west and I'm telling you they do not. I grew up in CO and besides hunting there I have hunted WY, NE, KS, MT, SD, UT, AZ, CA, BC, and TX and I have never heard anyone call a young deer a "lamb."

fawn (noun)
1. a young deer in its first year.
2. a light yellowish-brown color.

lamb (noun)
1. a young sheep.

(verb)
1. (of a ewe) give birth to lambs.

So the rest of the world is right and you are wrong but you lack the humility to admit it. And you want me to PM you? Sorry but I'm particular about who I PM and you didn't make the cut.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Really? I find it easy to tell the difference. Not that I would identify any animal by sound alone. I want to see it.
Old 04-29-2018, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

You two quit fawning over lambs, and kindly tell us whether you're with CI on drinking beer and gin or if you're with the nectar of Dixie.
Old 04-29-2018, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I drop by on occasion, I've bowhunted a wide variety of biggame in 15 states & 2 Canadian provinces & nice photo of a Fawn.. We usually start seeing fawns mid May & most MaMas don't bring them out until late June. Twins last year next to our Deck.
Attached Thumbnails Does this qualify as Big Game?-fawn1.jpg  
Old 04-29-2018, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never used or heard used the terminology the OP is implying. If I said such a thing, my hunting friends would think I'd fell off my rocker. To each their own. I certainly wouldn't tempt this conversation over a good meal. (Or any other time for that matter)
Old 04-29-2018, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

flags got butthurt...

Check your facts flags. The Upper NorthEast is where the no-one would argue something so stupid.

Not enough content on the forums; but for the moderators, don't just delete my message here. Delete the entire stupid thread.

Signing out.

REM7600
Old 04-29-2018, 03:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Who started the stupid thread?
Old 04-29-2018, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by REM_7600
flags got butthurt...

Check your facts flags. The Upper NorthEast is where the no-one would argue something so stupid.

Not enough content on the forums; but for the moderators, don't just delete my message here. Delete the entire stupid thread.

Signing out.

REM7600
Butt hurt? Son I seriously doubt that you could ever get me spun up enough. And where does the upper NorthEast come into play? Didn't you post this:

"They are lambs where I grew up, here in the West" on post number 3? How is the west now the upper northeast? Here's a little tidbit, my wife is from NH and her family hunts deer there and in ME. Want to guess what they call a baby deer? They call them fawns and you can't get anymore upper northeast than NH and ME!

I can't speak for anyone else but you officially have ZERO credibility with me as of this minute. I doubt I'll waste any more effort on you in any thread. Some people just insist on being stuck on goofy and you seem to fit that bill.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Flags, I confess I have a hard time understanding how you take this forum so seriously to the point where you make statements like:

And you want me to PM you? Sorry but I'm particular about who I PM and you didn't make the cut.
and

I doubt I'll waste any more effort on you in any thread.
Nobody minds you thinking that calling fawns "lambs" is stupid (the majority seem to agree it seems off), but I don't think the forum becomes a better place when people get driven over the edge. I wish we had more people commenting, not fewer.
For someone who doesn't want to "waste" time on threads you find ridiculous, you sure go out of your way to press the issue.

It's a forum; it's supposed to be fun. I admire your knowledge and experience. I could bet I'll never have as much in my lifetime, and I'm thankful someone like you contributes to this forum. But there's just got to be a way to call people out that doesn't drive them away. That's not how I remember the dynamics this site at its zenith, but today it's predictable: new person gets eager to get into conversations, floods forums with posts, irritates the ancien regime, gets driven off.

We won't be around much longer, that way. The truth is, I don't think you are wrong most of the time. I just really wish we could hang onto people more, even ones who you don't think seem to know anything.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:31 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by younggun308
Flags, I confess I have a hard time understanding how you take this forum so seriously to the point where you make statements like:

and

Nobody minds you thinking that calling fawns "lambs" is stupid (the majority seem to agree it seems off), but I don't think the forum becomes a better place when people get driven over the edge. I wish we had more people commenting, not fewer.
For someone who doesn't want to "waste" time on threads you find ridiculous, you sure go out of your way to press the issue.

It's a forum; it's supposed to be fun. I admire your knowledge and experience. I could bet I'll never have as much in my lifetime, and I'm thankful someone like you contributes to this forum. But there's just got to be a way to call people out that doesn't drive them away. That's not how I remember the dynamics this site at its zenith, but today it's predictable: new person gets eager to get into conversations, floods forums with posts, irritates the ancien regime, gets driven off.

We won't be around much longer, that way. The truth is, I don't think you are wrong most of the time. I just really wish we could hang onto people more, even ones who you don't think seem to know anything.
I completely agree. Thanks for pointing out how a few on this site attack anyone they deem not right wing enough, use a little literary license, or have a different opinion.

I didn't find anything wrong with 7600's post. The veal and lamb references were completely appropriate. It was not meant literally but simply as a way to describe tender meat and a young baby.

Sometimes people's long signature with their "look at me" accomplishments gives away their need to prove they're superior to the rest of us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.