Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
anyone else really pissed at the ever increasing licence fees >

anyone else really pissed at the ever increasing licence fees

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

anyone else really pissed at the ever increasing licence fees

Old 02-06-2018, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a link to this years price increases:

http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Com...AsApproved.pdf

Bull / either sex tag is now $660 (up $20)
Cow tag is $495 (Tied to aprox 75% of bull) Up $10
Deer tag is $395 (up $10)

Not big increases. Just continuing to boil the frog alive

Last edited by txhunter58; 02-06-2018 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by txhunter58
Here is a link to this years price increases:

http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Com...AsApproved.pdf

Bull / either sex tag is now $660 (up $20)
Cow tag is $495 (Tied to aprox 75% of bull) Up $10
Deer tag is $395 (up $10)

Not big increases. Just continuing to boil the frog alive
Learn to read. I never said tag prices don't increase. What I said was that they DO NOT INCREASE every year which is what you claim. Bottom line if you don't want to pay what they want for tags, don't go there. See how easy that is?
Old 02-08-2018, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for setting me straight! Everyone reading this realizes that Colorado has the right to rise NR prices every year and 95% of the years they are going to do that. And if you read my post you would realize that I can afford to pay the ever increasing prices. See you there unless I draw my Utah tag this year!
Old 02-09-2018, 04:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by txhunter58
Everyone reading this realizes that Colorado has the right to rise NR prices every year and 95% of the years they are going to do that.
BS. They do not raise them 95% of the years. You've proven to be too ignorant to even continue this conversation. Feel free to have the last word.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

FACT: 1) resident prices are set and can not be raised unless the legislature specifically raises them. 2) NR prices CAN be raised every year in which the economy ticks upward and usually are.

That is all I am saying, and you are trying to get caught up in making sure I state my case 100% correctly. Bottom line is that IMO, I don't think that system is fair, so we are just going to have to agree to disagree about that.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default License Fees

I don't mind paying if I am getting something for it.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

Hunting is becoming a rich mans sport. Much like in other countries.

There is limited public land in my state. Leases are becoming more common, and I don't mean on ranches. No trespassing signs everywhere, even becoming more common in the backcountry along the backside of lakes...

My bigger beef is access to lands but if people would stop target shooting and leaving their crap and tearing up ground with vehicles during mud season... well...

As a landowner I have yet to post my ground but I can say it's getting closer.

REM7600
Old 02-20-2018, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by REM_7600
...As a landowner I have yet to post my ground but I can say it's getting closer.
My place isn't big, its about 200' wide x 2,00' long and goes several hundred feet up and over the hill behind me. There are no other houses on the hill above me, although there are some on the 40 acre tracts on the other side.

There are usually deer up there, occasionally elk, and I have also seen black bears, moose, and mountain lions there. Over the years I've taken a few deer and 5 elk off my land.

When I moved here there weren't many fences above me, but I fenced my land to keep my horses in. One time I was on the backside of the hill checking my fence and the people who live on the tract beyond me had hung NO TRESSPASSING and NO HUNTING signs on my fence and facing me.

So I simply re-hung the signs to face them.

There are no signs on any of my other fences.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:26 PM
Spike

Yeap, it is aggravating.....I don't hunt a lot and it costs about $230 for an out of state to hunt with my dad.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hunting is not becoming a rich mans sport. We at least in my state have hunted for practically nothing for decades. The price of gasoline goes up, the price of eggs goes up, the price of vehicle registration goes up, the price of firearms goes up and no one gets excited because they realize it cost more to provide those things. However, when the price of a hunting license, that has been under priced for decades goes up all we hear is poor mouthing about hunting becoming a rich man's sport. Apparently, some people don't understand that the price of doing business for game agencies goes up, just like the price of food, gasoline and every thing else we all need and buy. Why people believe they should be allowed to hunt 12 months out of the year for practically nothing while the costs of the Game Agencies increases annually is beyond any reason!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.