HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Favorite hunting TV show. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/416879-favorite-hunting-tv-show.html)

Wolf killer 01-15-2018 11:19 AM

Favorite hunting TV show.

I wanted to see if there is a good hunting show on the Sportsman channel or Outdoor channel that I might be missing? I enjoy the following shows in no particular order; Jim Shockey, Eastmans, Most Wanted List, Pig Man and Driven. I am sure I left a few off that I have forgotten about?
What shows are good one's that I should set my DVR to record?

Thanks.

Rob in VT 01-15-2018 12:27 PM

Raised Hunting, Drury Outdoors, The Crush. I actually watch more YouTube now than Outdoor tv shows.

flags 01-15-2018 01:08 PM

The only one I watch is Jim Shockey Uncharted. The rest are a joke. I can only watch someone sitting in a tree stand so much. Shockey hunts all over the world and gets into places most of us will never see. He had one on markhor in Pakistan not long ago. Americans can't hunt Pakistan due to visa and passport restrictions but Shockey is Canadian so he can. He also went out with the eskimos on a traditional whale hunt.

Oldtimr 01-15-2018 01:13 PM

I stopped watching all hunting shows many years ago because most of them disgusted me. I will say, I have no problem with Shockey, I just don't watch any, any more.

jeepkid 01-15-2018 02:00 PM

MeatEater is a good one too.

reedcooper 01-21-2018 07:05 AM

My favorite is MeatEater :p

davidg 01-21-2018 01:42 PM

i always thought Tom Miranda was for real . i don't get that channel anymore and can't remember the name . some of his kills were impressive ..i would admit sometimes , i don't think i could have done that:cool2:

homers brother 01-21-2018 01:48 PM

Although Homer's best friend had a TV show of his own ...

I've long felt that range time, or even equipment maintenance, is a far more productive and superior use of my idle time than watching anything on TV, to include "hunting" shows. Many of these are more about advertising for the sponsor and outfitter than offer anything valuable in terms of method or species.

Just like the fishing shows made everyone think they needed a fully-rigged bass boat with a 350-horse outboard to catch crappie and bluegill, hunting shows often further the notion that all you need to hunt is gear and a nice truck.

tatonka 01-22-2018 08:59 PM

Sasquatch.....It's so bad it's actually humorous.

More seriously, I like all of the hunts for moose, caribou, sheep, etc....real hunts. As much as I love hunting whitetails, I can't stand to watch 99% of the whitetail hunts on tv. If you've seen one buck killed from a tree stand or a blind, you've seen them all. Ditto for turkey hunting...I never watch them. And High Fence/Preserve hunts should be banned from tv!!!!!

As far as personalities, I do enjoy Jim Shockey, Melissa Bachman, and Cody Robbins just to mention a couple.

My pet peeve with hunting shows are:

1. People acting like idiots....shaking their fist, saying stupid stuff, etc. when they kill an animal.
2. Obnoxious music (like loud, blaring electric guitars).
3. Whispering: I'm old. I can't hear. I can't understand a word they say. I much prefer shows that are narrated rather than some guy or gal whispering something no one can hear.

Liv2hunt 01-23-2018 04:06 AM

Dean Partridge's Canadian Whitetail TV. Is Awesome. Who don't like a big fat guy that shoots monster bucks?