HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   HECS hunting suit (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/416690-hecs-hunting-suit.html)

bronko22000 12-30-2017 06:56 AM

HECS hunting suit

OK before I even start this I know that there are going to be a lot of skeptics about this but bear with me an read on before making any comments because even at my age I know I can still learn a thing or two and I have to admit that I believe that the technology behind the HECS idea is scientifically founded. Lets face it. How many times have you seen a deer approaching you from upwind and you're perfectly still and it will stop and you can tell by its body language that it just knows something is amiss? There's no possible way it can know you're there via sight or scent. So logically there has to be something else that triggers this 6th sense as we old timers like to call it. Is it the low frequency electronic impulses given off by your body? That's what HECS think it is and has plenty of data to back it up.
I've taken a lot of game without this technology but it still intrigues me. Even though I only have a few more years of hunting in me - God willing - I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these outfits.

grinder67 12-30-2017 07:35 AM

I personally think its a bunch of bull. But if it is real, at this point in my life I still do not want my hunts to be easier. I love the challenge of every animal I pursue and if this technology worked my hunt would be over that much sooner. Not what I am looking for.

Now you on the other hand, it may be exactly what you are looking for. Its no ones business but yours and I say why not give it a go if that is what you want to do. I for one would love to read your results and thoughts on how well it works.

Rob in VT 12-30-2017 09:52 AM

My buddy uses it and believes in it. Not sure I do, but to each his own.

rogerstv 01-02-2018 10:11 AM

I believe the local deer are that familiar with their surroundings. Heck, when hunting the same patch for long enough, I notice freshly fallen trees, changes, etc.

I've had plenty of squirrels know I don't belong in a tree. And, I've had plenty of deer look right through me.

My $0.02. Take for face value

bronko22000 01-02-2018 10:45 AM

Well like I said, I've been hunting over 50 years and I've seen deer come in to me, wind in my face, not moving, and they would suddenly stop, look in my direction and stare. Sometimes they would go on high alert other times after a couple minutes they would go about their routine. Now, did the wind swirl or did they actually sense something else? Who knows. I would really like to get some reviews from hunters who've been at this game a while and got one of these suits and can relate their experience.

Champlain Islander 01-02-2018 02:33 PM

I saw an ad for them. I wouldn't spend any money on a HECs suit .....just don't believe the hype. If it seems too good to be true it isn't.

REM_7600 03-12-2018 04:49 PM

I believe eye contact on an animal can and is a sixth sense to them. I too have seen deer, elk, and even bear KNOW there's something "different" or "off" with the wind in my favor. Fortunately bear hunting they have really crappy eyesight!

I've seen the advertisements and what they claim but I also have a friend who does amateur/mid-level photography... where does he do it? in "pen's with semi to tamed animals". Yeah we've gotten some rare shots in the wild that are not bad but his best work has been in controlled environments and I have to wonder if the ad was shot in a "similar world".

I know this is a really old post revived and haven't seen the ad's in a long time. As stated above, if you ever did get one of the suits we'd love to hear the results.

REM7600