Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wyoming Antelope Units

Old 11-30-2017, 06:07 AM
Spike

Default Wyoming Antelope Units

Hello all--
My buddy and I are looking to do our first antelope hunt in the next 2-3 years. I have narrowed down units that will take less than 3 years to draw, with good success rates and public land %. However, now is where research can only do so much and experience is needed: Out of these units, which would be the best for us? Any help is appreciated
Unit 110
Unit 82
Unit 48
Unit 78
Unit 84 (Looking like a very good option as draw odds are 75% @ 2.)
Old 11-30-2017, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

You picked units that have very few NR tags (assuming you are a NR). Unusual results can easily pop up if there are only 10 - 15 tags available in a draw for NR in a unit. Just a couple of groups that have more points could make the remaining tags tough to draw. You have a lot of time to study draw results in the coming seasons before you go, but you may want to at least consider units that have more tags or paying double and entering the special draw.

Of the units you listed I would probably try for 48, but point creep, previous years' draw results, and weather could change that quickly. Good luck.