HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   TV Hunting Shows - Pet Peeves (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/415669-tv-hunting-shows-pet-peeves.html)

tatonka 09-22-2017 09:16 AM

TV Hunting Shows - Pet Peeves

OK.... I've just watched a couple more hunting shows on tv and while I enjoy the critters, the scenery, etc. some things just irk me to no end... I put up with them because, well.....they sure beat most other stuff that's on tv.

If any TV show producers read these forums, here goes. :)

1.) Whispering: This drives me bonkers. I don't hear as well a I used to, so when people whisper I usually don't understand a word they are saying. Yes, I can always use closed caption but I prefer not to. I'd much rather have a narrator and then the hunter can talk later in a normal tone of voice.

2.) Sighting in their rifles or checking their bows: We get it, Ok? You don't need to waste time showing us your gun is on. I understand that younger, inexperienced hunters might benefit from this, but for the vast majority of us you're wasting our time.

3.) Background Music: Obnoxious, blaring electric guitars detract from everything hunting is all about... Keep the music soft and only use it when appropriate.

I'm done.......for now.:party0005:

woodsnwater 09-22-2017 06:16 PM

And calling ANYTHING a "toad" that's not an actual ribbet-ing toad. Drives me crazy.

jeepkid 09-22-2017 07:19 PM

When they say they've been "hunting hard" while sitting in a box blind all day...

tatonka 09-23-2017 08:18 AM

Yup....or when the info says they are hunting "Giant" or "Monster" buck in such a such a state and they get all excited and an average size buck shows up....not saying there is anything wrong with killing an average size buck (or a buck of any size), but to use the words "Giant" or "Monster" just to get people to watch the show is a bunch of bull.

Another thing I don't need to see is guys driving down the interstate to get to wherever is they are headed to..... I mean really...do we need to watch someone driving down the interstate?

salukipv1 09-27-2017 12:55 PM

I just watched a hunting show... part of it, half the time I watch 5 mins and can't stand it and change the channel.

anyway, this "bow hunter" forgot his RANGEFINDER, and had a bear come in.... within shooting range but because he didn't have his rangefinder, he couldn't take the shot! WTF!? this guy would have starved 20 years ago... before range finders, lol, how did anyone ever bowhunt before range finders? lol.

PS- on the show before/after the aforementioned show, a guy made a ok shot on a musk ox, clear to all, the shot was sub par, the guides telling him to nock another arrow!

Maybe I've just been trained to shoot and reload! This "hunter" would have had a 2nd follow up shot had he nocked an arrow right away but instead had to track wounded animal until he could get a 2nd arrow I think unless the animal just died.

I just don't get it, by the time you realize you need a 2nd shot...and you don't have another round chambered or arrow nocked, it could be too late.

reminds me of this show I saw years ago, the guy walks up on the "dead animal" and it gets up and runs off, he was hunting with a rifle, and didn't have a round chambered! he lost the animal...never found...

You can always unload/un nock after a successful hunt but vice versa not always the case.

Oldtimr 09-27-2017 01:10 PM

So called experts presenting essentially an infomercial pushing products for the sponsors and mentioning the brand over and over again. Hunting places that are baited, pre-scouted by someone else and stands erected for them in areas that are baited. Hunting places where the average hunter could never afford to go and then jumping up and down and fist pumping after the kill when the kill was almost guaranteed. This is the reason I have not watched any deer hunting shows for 6 years.

PaJack 09-27-2017 01:50 PM

I can't stand it when people say the word "Awesome" on any hunting show...:rant:

thunderB 09-28-2017 10:29 AM

I really get peeved with everyone's use of tag lines and stupid slang. For some reason everyone has been trying to be Michael Waddell for the last 15 years and it is really annoying.

davidg 10-04-2017 04:01 AM

i hate when bowhunting , immediately after the hit they are high fiving and fist pumping..hunters should be listening very carefully at this point..i even put my release hand to my ear to gather any sound possible

olsaltydog 10-04-2017 04:55 AM

Pick better shows, in this day and age with options to selectively tune into your preference should eliminate the need for threads like this. Just saying, if you don't like what your watching, change it. Ratings/viewings will determine how long a show lasts and at some point the shows you guys talk about will either continue because many others enjoy them or they will be cancelled forcing these shows to see why they where cancelled and change their ways.