HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Guessestimate Weight? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/415598-guessestimate-weight.html)

BOWHUNTERCOP 09-17-2017 12:33 PM

Guessestimate Weight?

5 Attachment(s)
Same bear in all pictures, what do you think his weight is?

BOWHUNTERCOP 09-17-2017 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One More to judge, same bear

bronko22000 09-17-2017 03:09 PM

Bears are so hard to judge. Most usually over estimate the weight. That is a mature bear and my guess is a bit over 300 lb maybe 350.

Bocajnala 09-18-2017 12:00 AM

Hard to tell without anything really to compare the picture to. But I wouldn't hesitate to take that one. Good looking bear.

-Jake

the blur 09-18-2017 11:11 PM

[QUOTE=bronko22000;4315937]Bears are so hard to judge. Most usually over estimate the weight. QUOTE]

Very hard to judge. I thought mine was a 500 lb monster..... until I followed the blood trial, and found him.

Maybe because they walk so gracefully. Mine stood up on his back legs to whiff the air, and he looked tremendous.

Surprisingly small when you find them. :confused0024:

mrbb 09-19-2017 08:25 AM

I would say that is a 275-300 male
the taper from the head back, says NOT as big as you might think, all the more so at certain angles and that is a HUGE p[art of judging bears, every angle can change WHAT you think they are in size
still a nice bear for sure, like the white patch on its chest too, I find that a classic look for NE bears!
MY guess on age will be about 5 yrs old too if you care LOL

BOWHUNTERCOP 09-19-2017 03:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
some more pictures of him from this week

mrbb 09-19-2017 05:14 PM

he's bulking up for winter, looks like he gained 25-30 lbs since last set of pic's there
I know al my bears here are gaining weight fast the past month, the one small female that got hit by a car(easy to ID her) from pic's of her end of Aug, to last week, I swear she put on a easy 100 lbs, she was thin and skinny , and now she's plump as can be , her neck gained at least 6 inches alone
its amazing HOW fast they can pack on the LB's
they will lay in a corn field and eat sleep crap and eat some more day and night this time of yr

my one farm I ran, I used to find what looked like crop circles from the bears laying about and rolling stalks down so they didn;t have to stand to eat, would loose a few acres every yr to Bears, some years Just WOW how much they would roll over on me !

but to them its just a 24/7 food joint, they don't care it costs me money? LOL

mrbb 09-19-2017 05:22 PM

4 Attachment(s)
if you want to try something, take some peanut butter and place it on a tree, about 7 ft up, and then mark the tree with hash mark's, say every 6 inches and start from about 5 ft up with them
then set up a cam to watch it
you'll soon see how tall he is too, or others!
you can also use a bird feeder on a pulley , but they might figure it out and get it and smash it on you/

this feeder is just under 8 ft off the ground, like 2 inches under 8 ft
I think IF he wasn't so FAT, he could have been able to HOP and reach it LOL
he tried to get it several times before giving up and wandering off!
but 8 ft min has been my find on birdfeeders and pulley's work best from my experience

ThermalScopes 09-22-2017 01:39 AM

looks like 350. but hard to tell how tall and wide he/she is.