Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
First western hunt, first black bear hunt. >

First western hunt, first black bear hunt.

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

First western hunt, first black bear hunt.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:55 AM
Spike

Default First western hunt, first black bear hunt.

First post on this site. I am here to help hunters and support hunting and fishing through any means possible. My hunting grounds has been Texas but I am about to take part in my first western hunt. I have done a lot of research so I'm just looking for anyone who may have the same experience I am about to have.

I will be hunting Colorado around 9000 elevation with LOTS of oak brush and little mixed in aspen. I have been scouting heavy and I have seen a lot of signs. My question is, how does one prefer hunt the oak brush. Ambush or spot and stalk. I am glassing high but it seems to be too thick. Lots of scat fresh and old, I know there are bears but I still have yet to see one. Any help would be appreciated.