Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk Hunt Honeymoon

Old 08-01-2017, 01:42 PM
Spike

Default Elk Hunt Honeymoon

My fiancé and I are looking to go on a guided elk hunt for our honeymoon next fall. Any suggestions or contacts in outfitters? Also, I feel I shouldn't have to say this, but I don't need comments unless you've been to one to suggest or know someone that suggested it.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

What state? Fully guided or drop camp? You want a trophy bull or just any bull? Are you willing to do a cow? What is your budget?

You need to provide more info if you really want some help.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:17 AM
Spike

I am open to location and price. I want a guided hunt, hence why I put that. I am simply looking for recommendations on outfitters that have provided good experiences. If I wanted something very specific, I would have mentioned it. Now do you have some sort of recommendation, or are you just here to critique my post?
Old 08-03-2017, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

No I'm not going to criticize you but I'm also not going to give you any info if that is the attitude you're going to take. Google can be your friend. Look up your own info.

For your information guides do 2 different types of elk hunts: Fully guided and drop camps which is why I asked because they are 2 very different things. All the other questions were equally valid.

If you want help, lose the attitude. That is the only tidbit you get from me.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

Wife and I did Triangle X in Wy. last fall and she said it was the best trip/vacation she has ever taken.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:53 AM
Spike

kb42 must have had a bad day I'm with you flags I cant believe anyone would give kb42 the time of day
Old 08-03-2017, 12:03 PM
Spike

Thanks I'll check Triange X out!

And yes, I'm very aware of the two different hunts.. . I'm sure many people will understand that I am simply comparing options and outfitters and am open by the vagueness and openness of the post I originated with. Also, many outfitters offer both types of hunts, for your information. So an outfitter that may have been well-liked has many options for types of hunts including bull, cow, and trophy bull.I am just comparing to see a favorite location or memorable outfitter. To say that "I need to provide more information if I really want some help" IS critiquing my original post. Thanks again, I'll remember next time I try to join what I think will be a friendly community forum that I must be very specific if I think anyone will give me the time of day.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Call 1-800- BAD ATTITUDE and tell them you want to hunt elk but you don't know where, don't know if you want a bull or cow, don't know how big a bull if you decide you want a bull, don't know if you want to hunt with rifle/bow/black powder, don't know if you want private land or public land, don't know exactly what month you want to go just in the "fall," don't know what your level of physical ability is, don't know what your level of hunting experience is and don't know what you want to spend.

But give them a call. They'll hook you right up.

For what it is worth I probably have more elk hunting experience than just about anyone here. I've personally killed 25 of them and have been in on the taking of more than 100 others. I grew up in the middle of some of the best elk hunting country in the nation and I know about 30 or 40 elk guides but you won't get their names from me because I won't waste their valuable time on a hunter that can't even say what he is looking for. If want someone to give you some info on a good guide then they need to know what you are looking for. Google is your friend. Good luck.

Last edited by flags; 08-03-2017 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Spike

There's no shortage of good outfitters on google and instagram. You probably have hunted more than me, being you are double my age. I'm also from an area where elk are not abundant, so I applause you for being so successful. I have not had issues as I've had talking with you when talking to different outfitters. Almost all offer many options for hunts by how "experienced" or how "guided" you want it. Like previously mentioned, im getting a feel for good experiences with outfitters. I mentioned I wanted it guided... not sure what is difficult about that. This will be my FIRST elk hunt and FIRST time being out west. Thank you for being one of the few in the hunting community that isn't welcoming to hunting new species. Just thought I'd give one of my favorite websites a chance to hear from actual people out there... thanks for making this experience so awesome!

Last edited by Kb42; 08-03-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I feel sorry for your future wife if you're helping with the wedding planning at all...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.