Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Colorado Backdoor is opened for Deer Draw >

Colorado Backdoor is opened for Deer Draw

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado Backdoor is opened for Deer Draw

Old 05-16-2017, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Colorado Backdoor is opened for Deer Draw

My daughter drew her Mule deer tag for this fall!

Good luck to all that applied.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

All I'll get is a preference point for elk. That makes 22 now. Someday there is a unit 2 bull tag in my future.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
My daughter drew her Mule deer tag for this fall!

Good luck to all that applied.
Going to be tough to beat her first area 083 monster.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by flags
All I'll get is a preference point for elk. That makes 22 now. Someday there is a unit 2 bull tag in my future.
You are on the upper end of the curve flags. You should fall right in to the point creep. For most with less points they will never get there. DOW needs to get a different system.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
You are on the upper end of the curve flags. You should fall right in to the point creep. For most with less points they will never get there. DOW needs to get a different system.
Takes about 24 point for a non-res to get that tag. I can get just about any other tag in the state I want but I'm holding out for unit 2 for the last bull elk I intend to shoot.

As to CO's system I don't think they ever envisioned some of the tags taking this many points. I got lucky because I was a CO resident and when I was active duty I always put in for points even though I couldn't get back. Over my Navy career I built a lot of points for everything. I've used the points on goat and a few years ago cashed in my pronghorn points but I've got a lot of elk, deer, bear, sheep and moose points. Elk is my primary concern. I doubt I ever cash in the moose or sheep point but I will use the deer and bear points sometime. Mama says I don't need another bear skin but I would like a cinnamon to go with my black and chocolate rugs.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're right CI. I asked her if she is going to hold out for one bigger than her 191" monster. She said "not possible" lol.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:43 AM
Dominant Buck

You're right CI. I asked her if she is going to hold out for one bigger than her 191" monster. She said "not possible" lol.
The real question is...will you ever beat her? Probably the same answer
Old 05-17-2017, 03:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ouch! That was cold.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Ouch! That was cold.
I don't know what would be harder...beating her or living with her if you did knock her off the mountain. "H" does an excellent job of reminding you that she has the biggest deer.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I usually have the worse luck drawing tags that don't have at least a 90% chance of success.

I drew a buck tag this year just like I did last year that only has a 30% chance of success.

I'm too old to start getting lucky now. Where was this luck when I was younger and needed it more?

Oh well, no complaints about getting a tag from me. Getting a buck tag with no points is always a good thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.