Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Looking for new boots down the road >

Looking for new boots down the road

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Looking for new boots down the road

Old 04-05-2017, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Those Meindl's look like good boots. I used to wear Danner Acadia boots for years while in Patrol and they were an excellent boot. They used to come with an orthotic insert that helped a lot.

Lately I've been wearing Cabelas Rimrock Hikers ($99). So far, the rubber guard is cracking but the boots are incredible comfortable to hike in.

For the OP. Let us know what you decide to use. My experience with military boots (Marines) ended in 81 and the boots back then were pretty crappy. Hopefully it's gotten a lot better.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:17 PM
Spike

Default boots

I like john deere boots by dan post I wear work in field or hunt like walking on a sponge
Old 05-17-2017, 08:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I consider boots one of those important pieces of gear !

I have at least 6 pairs of boots, each one pair is built for different conditions.

Last edited by Sheridan; 05-19-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:03 PM
Spike

Spend a few bucks. Danner gore tex in a ten inch height if you are using them for hunting.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use Meindl Perfekt Hunters with 400 grams of thinsulate for elk hunting at 11500' in mid-October in SW Colorado. They have served me very well. My pair dates from 2006, but I haven't hunted every year. By my count I've used them for 7 seasons. Sometimes the sole squeaks, but this doesn't bother me particularly. It might bother some folks. The terrain and trails where I hunt are rocky and they can be muddy, icy, and snowy also -- usually all three (ice at 4:30 in the morning, muddy at 4:30 in the afternoon, and snowy/icy in the timber or after a snowfall). These boots work well in those conditions. I will probably buy a new pair next year, as the sole is getting thin and I don't think the soles can be replaced.

Has anyone had soles on Meindl Perfekt hunter boots replaced? We have cobblers around here. I get soles replaced on my business shoes fairly often. I thought there may be some special feature of the Meindl Perfekt hunter that contravened sole replacement.