HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Never going to Alaska to hunt (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/412933-never-going-alaska-hunt.html)

Valentine 04-04-2017 05:44 AM

Never going to Alaska to hunt

My hunting buddy, overweight, might run out of food, three days before the float plane gets back.
"Whata mean we have to fast ??????"

CalHunter 04-04-2017 07:42 AM

He could take one of those boat hunts where they feed you crab & lobster. Or do a float trip for moose where you can make less pit stops for hunting if he's feeling peckish. :D

salukipv1 04-04-2017 11:35 AM

maybe the way he hunts they'll run out of food ;)

actually one of those outfitted non-guided deer hunts via boat... are high on my list... sitka blacktail...

outfitted/boat/ non-guided, pretty nice combo.

plus you eat lobster etc... fresh fish halibut etc...

I think I might need more than 3or 5 days though,

Alsatian 04-04-2017 11:56 AM

Isn't hunting all about enduring physical hardships and silencing your internal cries for comfort and ease? If you want a life of leisure, then don't go hunting. It is much more comfy to sit in the lounge chair and eat a ham sandwich chased by a cold beer.

mrbb 04-04-2017 03:26 PM

when I did my hunts there, it was MRE's untill a good kill happened and even then, they were not that bad, pending what one's you get
float planes will also BRING you in more food , if you wallet wants it to mid week or??
I Know back in my younger more care less days, I had a float plane fly in a few cases of beer at $75 bucks a pop, in the 90's LOL
but sitting under the northern stars in middle of NO where and relaxing with a cold beverage back then was rather priceless experiences I still remember very well today!

most places a fishing rod will get you some easy meals too if you bring and buy a lic's

never worried about going hungry on any of my trips there??
pending what time of yr, you can fill up fast on Black fly and mosquito's too LOL

gjersy 04-04-2017 06:29 PM

Back a few years ago when i went on a Alberta moose hunt, the outfitter told me that his cure for fat/out of shape people was to put them on a rough riding work horse, that was the only horse that could handle there fat arse lol. A hunting bud can make or break a hunting trip whether the hunt is close or far.

GOOD OLE BOY 04-09-2017 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Alsatian (Post 4299736)
Isn't hunting all about enduring physical hardships and silencing your internal cries for comfort and ease? If you want a life of leisure, then don't go hunting. It is much more comfy to sit in the lounge chair and eat a ham sandwich chased by a cold beer.

:happy0001:

Sheridan 04-09-2017 06:08 PM

If you were to ask the question; I would ask if this is a IQ Test ?

As he said in Apocalypse Now; "Never get out of the boat" !

(Except to go hunting for coastal brown bears)

moosemike 04-30-2017 04:36 PM

Always dreamed of an Alaska hunt. Don't know if it ever will happen though.

3Fingerbrown 05-24-2017 08:02 AM

Was this hunt self-guided, or outfitter?