Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
What are you applying for? >

What are you applying for?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What are you applying for?

Old 02-07-2017, 04:12 AM
Spike

I put in for all three, it's cheap and close. I wasted money on dumber stuff...
Old 02-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Elk hunting in first rifle season in SW Colorado GMU 75, as usual. I had a bull elk in my cross hairs last year, 7:30 AM, Tuesday morning, but I deemed the shot doubtful for my ability at that moment. It looked a long way away and I felt jittery. Part of my problem, I think, was that I was in a defeatist frame of mind at the time and was surprised by the opportunity. My adrenaline started rushing and I didn't calmly evaluate the situation -- like to ask myself how much are the cross hairs moving on the vital area? He stood broadside for 3 seconds and then slowly and regally started walking down the hill, soon going behind a rise of ground. I've got a new laser range finder for Christmas, now, and at least I'll know my distances to objects.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by john21wall
I put in for all three, it's cheap and close. I wasted money on dumber stuff...
You put in for what three for where?
Old 02-08-2017, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Put in for the KY elk gun tags this year. About the only thing I will put money towards for at least the next year or two.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Az, nm, co, wy, ut, nv, mt, ia,
Old 02-14-2017, 02:24 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I'm applying for everything everywhere as usual but not counting on any so I decided to burn my 20 elk points in Colorado before that unsustainable draw system totally collapses.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

I'll buy Montana Deer and Elk tags. I'm getting low on elk meat, so I should try to kill a bull this year. I'll also apply for Montana Sheep, Moose, Goat, and Antelope tags. Even with my maximum number of bonus points, the odds of drawing another Sheep, Moose, or Goat tag are somewhere between very, very slim and none.

At the GSCO convention in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago, I booked a hunt for Dagestan Tur in Azerbaijan in August (I've started training for that one), and a Caribou hunt in Québec in September.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

I had to put that one into google! That's going to be an incredible hunt. Share a post when you're back from it.
-Jake
Old 03-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Elk, Mule Deer Buck, Pronghorn Antelope, Oryx, & Black Bear. Possibly Turkey. Good luck.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Zim
I'm applying for everything everywhere as usual but not counting on any so I decided to burn my 20 elk points in Colorado before that unsustainable draw system totally collapses.
I feel the same way. The point creep inherent with not allowing banking spells the end of an effective system. If it takes 8 to draw you should still have 12 in your account not zero Zim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.