Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
My wife is not thinking correctly >

My wife is not thinking correctly

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

My wife is not thinking correctly

Old 01-08-2017, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default My wife is not thinking correctly

I have a freezer full of Elk & Venison. 200 lbs of prime meat.

She goes to the food store, and buys over $100 worth of beef & sausage !! Why, because she claims she doesn't like wild game.

She'd rather eat commercial fatty beef & nasty sausage... who knows where it came from, or how it's processed.

I tried talking to her. I tried reasoning with her. Will never sink in.

Tonight, she cooked me Elk, & herself Beef. Totally ridiculous, & a total waste of money. I'm just frustrated with the whole thing.

200 lbs of meat will last me at least 2 years, or it will go freezer burnt before it's eaten. Anyone else with this problem?
Old 01-08-2017, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not a problem here even though my wife is the same way. I eat what I like and she eats what she likes. It's a free world, so just make sure you have the stuff properly wrapped and it will last for 2 years, so be happy she cooks for you. Mine doesn't even like the smell of wild game, so I fix it myself. I just finished some stuff that had Fall of 2013 on it and it was fine. Take it easy, as the world won't come to an end. PS: I've been married to her since 1975 and this year was gone on my hunting trip in 3 states for over 2 months. How many wives would tolerate that?
Old 01-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Not a problem here even though my wife is the same way. I eat what I like and she eats what she likes. It's a free world, so just make sure you have the stuff properly wrapped and it will last for 2 years, so be happy she cooks for you. Mine doesn't even like the smell of wild game, so I fix it myself. I just finished some stuff that had Fall of 2013 on it and it was fine. Take it easy, as the world won't come to an end. PS: I've been married to her since 1975 and this year was gone on my hunting trip in 3 states for over 2 months. How many wives would tolerate that?
LLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLL Mine not only tolerates it,,,she looks FORWARD to it!!! I start getting a bit moody and stomping around the house about 2 months before seasons start.. Can't wait to get out there!! She gets all happy when I say IT'S TIME!!! Kicks my grumpy rear out the door saying "don't come back till yer not grumpy old man"!!! She even goes on SOME hunts with my grumpy old rear
Old 01-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome I thought mine was perfect but I can't sneak off for 2 months to another state , have to start takin notes from top gun 3006 , hes better at this than I am
Old 01-09-2017, 03:15 AM
Spike

My wife does really well with just about everything, venison, moose, turkey...she just won't touch bear. It doesn't matter what recipe or how it is cooked...she won't touch it. I spent days marinating and putting together dinner. I had only said I was cooking, "backstraps". It was delicious, the kids loved it! She took one bit, looked at me and said, "Is this bear or deer?". If it wasn't for the well done cooking as opposed to medium rare with venison there was no way to tell the difference. I guess that means more bear for the rest of us. Just have to deal with a three year old asking why Mommy has something different for dinner than the rest of us.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by the blur
I have a freezer full of Elk & Venison. 200 lbs of prime meat.

She goes to the food store, and buys over $100 worth of beef & sausage !! Why, because she claims she doesn't like wild game.

She'd rather eat commercial fatty beef & nasty sausage... who knows where it came from, or how it's processed.

I tried talking to her. I tried reasoning with her. Will never sink in.

Tonight, she cooked me Elk, & herself Beef. Totally ridiculous, & a total waste of money. I'm just frustrated with the whole thing.

200 lbs of meat will last me at least 2 years, or it will go freezer burnt before it's eaten. Anyone else with this problem?
cut her loose and find a keeper.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a little excessive ain't it kidoggy?

If she wont eat it, that is her choice. Just enjoy eating it as much as you want. If you can, try making a stew or chili with it in there and let her try it that way. Allow her to adjust to it while it is embedded in something first.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by the blur
200 lbs of meat will last me at least 2 years, or it will go freezer burnt before it's eaten.
Make jerky if you have too much meat. It takes about 6 lbs of meat to make a pound of jerky and jerky never goes to waste, everybody wants some.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
Thats a little excessive ain't it kidoggy?

If she wont eat it, that is her choice. Just enjoy eating it as much as you want. If you can, try making a stew or chili with it in there and let her try it that way. Allow her to adjust to it while it is embedded in something first.
could be. but over time you'll be happier.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife not only eats it, she helps collect it! We haven't bought beef since October! When trying our antelope steaks for the first time her reply was "I'm glad it's so good cause it was fun to hunt"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.