Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
My wife is not thinking correctly >

My wife is not thinking correctly

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

My wife is not thinking correctly

Old 01-10-2017, 11:54 AM
Dominant Buck

My wife of 46 years won't hunt but is one heck of a cook and wild game is a specialty. She helps me process my game and even helps me to drag them out when I bag one near the house. This year I was on limited physical activity due to bypass surgery so when I dropped a 150 pound buck I called her and she brought the wheeler up the hill to drag out the deer. Fact is a steak off that buck is on the menu for tonight.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

My wife looks forward to eating wild game as much as I do, small game and big game. She really looks forward to the dry beef I have made with venison hind quarters. She cooks a bear roast that most couldn't tell from roast beef.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

For the OP's question, no, I don't have the same problem (my wife loves wild game). It sounds like your wife is okay with you hunting and filling your freezer with wild game. Not all wives are that supportive. If you're able to feed everybody else in your family with wild game, it sounds like you're still reducing your meat bill.

Your wife's not liking wild game could be a mental block rather than a taste block. For some people, they simply can't wrap their heads around eating wild game because they see Bambi, etc. in their mind when they try to eat it. If she's letting you hunt and fill the freezer with wild game and letting you and your kids eat it, I'd say you're 90% or so ahead on this. JMHO and YMMV but hopefully this helps some with gaining a perspective on it.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Properly killed and processed wild game is the best. I like my back straps about 3/4 inch warm to the room, seasoned and seared in a cast iron skillet on high. When the blood comes out the top flip over and throw a small cup of wine over it, put on a cover and remove the heat. Comes out an incredible medium rare every time. If anyone wouldn't like that they have to be nuts. In fact I can hear the fan coming on in the kitchen which means that skillet is about to get hot. I do the dishes...she does the cooking
Old 01-10-2017, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

My wife won't touch or eat wild game. She's so bad that she won't even wash the pans that I cook them in. But at least I can go hunting out of state without to much complaining from her.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Dominant Buck

She did the cooking, we both ate and I did the dishes. Had mushrooms and sauteed sweet onions with it as well as a butternut squash out of the garden. Whats not to like? I would rather eat deer than beef any day same with Mary.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

Smile

Wife not only cooks and eats wild game she also helps harvest.

The start of the hunt.

Camp 18 miles later.

The hunt.

Success on the mountain.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great looking country, camp, and bull---Congrats to you both!
Old 01-16-2017, 03:52 PM
Banned

congrats to you both on your KILL. hope you are able to HARVEST some veggies to go with it.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
LLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLL Mine not only tolerates it,,,she looks FORWARD to it!!! I start getting a bit moody and stomping around the house about 2 months before seasons start.. Can't wait to get out there!! She gets all happy when I say IT'S TIME!!! Kicks my grumpy rear out the door saying "don't come back till yer not grumpy old man"!!! She even goes on SOME hunts with my grumpy old rear
haha! My fiancé says she likes me so much better during hunting season b/c I'm always in a better mood!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.