HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Fly-in Moose Hunt - photos (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/41076-fly-moose-hunt-photos.html)

Goodguy 10-25-2003 02:39 PM

Fly-in Moose Hunt - photos

If any of you fellow hunters would be interested in viewing photos from our recent fly-in moose hunt in northern Ontario have a look at www.moose.funtigo.com . gg.

txhunter58 10-26-2003 01:45 PM

RE: Fly-in Moose Hunt - photos

Wow. That is some beautiful country. Looks like you enjoy the experience even when not bringing home an animal. That is really " getting away from it all" !

Cyrus 10-27-2003 09:50 AM

Those are some great pictures man. It' s cool to see stuff from the whole trip and not just the success pictures. Looks like a real nice area and a great outfit.
How long did it take you to set up the photos on that site? Looks like lots of effort went into it. Well done!!!

MachZ 10-27-2003 04:59 PM

I agree, nice comentary and great pictures.

Looking at the moose you were un-sure of I would have to say its a cow. Its a bit hard to determine the face size in your pictures but i' m almost 100% sure it' s longer than that of a calf. It doesn' t look like your average cow size face but the sorta side profile looks a bit longer than any calf I have seen.
You would be better able to determine via the size of the animal, and I commend you guys for not shooting because you were un-sure.

MachZ 10-27-2003 05:03 PM

One other thing I forgot to mention.....

The eagle picture you have is a juvenille Bald Eagle. Seen a few of them this year hanging around the gut piles. Some will also chase and harass any adult bald eagle that tries to come near its food.

JeramyK 10-27-2003 06:59 PM

That looks like it was a great trip. Thanks for sharing the pictures. That is some beautiful country.

ELKampMaster 10-27-2003 08:44 PM

GG,

Looks like REAL adventure! Nice accomodations and good company! It wouldn' t be huntin' if we got something every time out --- happens sometimes. Excellent presentation of events on the web site.

EKM

Goodguy 10-28-2003 07:31 PM

Cyrus et al
Glad you liked the pics. Probably took 6 to 8 hrs to set up them up on the photo site. It' s an annual trip we make - 2 sons and a friend. Been going in there for past 5 years & my oldest son has been going in for about 10 yrs with some others It' s not many years we don' t get a moose - I think 2 years over the past 10 that not successful. Getting a moose is a bonus - the trip is a great holiday and particularly when I can do it with my boys. The Outfitter is first class www.airivanhoe.com

Other opinions support both that the eagle is a young Bald and the moose is a young cow. gg.

Goodguy 10-30-2003 08:29 PM

I have added to page 3 a few photos of the Ministry of Natural Resouces & police personnel that checked us on the lake if anyone' s interested in having a look. www.moose.funtigo.com gg.

ELKampMaster 03-14-2004 05:49 PM

This is a good thread and the website is real slick!
One of the best things about it for me was, "dead animals are not mandatory" for a good hunt.
We need more stuff like this!

Good Luck and Good Hunting,
EKM