Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

.44 Magnum Rifle

Old 11-17-2016, 12:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

That won't happen if you don't allow children to pick up a gun without an adult being present. I have a .308 and a .243 in my gun safe, the .243 is my grandsons rifle, he is 16 and I am still the only person to go in the gun safe and the ammo locker to get the guns and ammo out for hunting.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 11-17-2016 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
That won't happen if you don't allow children to pick up a gun without an adult being present. I have a .308 and a .243 in my gun safe, the .243 is my grandsons rifle, he is 16 and I am still the only person to go in the gun safe and the ammo locker to get the guns and ammo out for hunting.
No doubt, OT.
But like Trust, Responsibility is earned and learned. Thus far they are doing a fine job of learning and listening. Gaining my trust and earning responsibility.
My own father didn't just give me a gun and say don't kill anybody. I earned and learned trust and responsibility. So too will they. However, I did learn from my own brother. That when you have two of the same thing, and they aren't expressly different. You can have problems.
Its certainly logical to use the same caliber (243), to prevent accidents and forgetfulness. And just get a different style of gun. (ooh, light bulb moment).
Its hell getting older.

Thanks guys.
I do sincerely appreciate the input.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default .44 levergun

Ideal choice for young shooter with 180gr rem ammo. Not a lotta kick. As you move to 240 and 300gr kick increases significantly due to lt wt of the rifle. good luck
Old 11-21-2016, 05:34 PM
Spike

Default Ruger 44 carbine

We have one and my son is 15 and after 6 shot he was done because it kicked and was hurting his shoulder
Old 12-26-2016, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

I used a Winchester 94 44 mag for 10 years. I trusted it out to 125 yards.