Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado Elk GMU 7/8

Old 06-01-2016, 07:22 PM
Spike

Default Colorado Elk GMU 7/8

Heading up to Unit 7/8 around Glendevey area this fall for a 3rd season Bull hunt. Never been up this way but was invited by family. Any info will be appreciated. My uncle is older and his hunting tactics have went down hill lately and doesn't get to far from the cabin lol.. He is content with playing "cookie"!! I know weather will play a major factor as it does in northwester Wyoming where we usually hunt, but do to the bear and wolf up there looking forward to try something new. Any advice is better than none. Thanks
Old 06-02-2016, 04:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used to do some elk hunting in 191 which is just south of there but that was more than 20 years ago. I always saw a lot more deer than elk there. Since 7 and 8 are pretty close to the front range I would imagine they get a lot of pressure now.

There is a DOW office in Ft Collins. I'd get ahold of them and ask to talk to the big game biologist for the area. I've done that a few times and always got some valuable info.