Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

391" Bull From Utah

Old 04-17-2016, 07:30 PM
Spike

Default 391" Bull From Utah

Check out this great elk hunt in Utah

Old 04-18-2016, 04:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mossback Outfitters! I'll pass. I have ZERO respect for the way they hunt and conduct themselves!
Old 04-18-2016, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by flags
Mossback Outfitters! I'll pass. I have ZERO respect for the way they hunt and conduct themselves!
Yup. Doyle and his henchmen deserve to be run off the mountain like they try to do to other people!!!
Old 04-18-2016, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jeepkid
Yup. Doyle and his henchmen deserve to be run off the mountain like they try to do to other people!!!
I've got a cousin that had a run in with them in CO about 2 or 3 years ago. Mossback did everything they could to run my cousin and his son off public land so Mossback's paying customer could try for a huge mulie that had been seen in the area! Folks like that give hunting a bad name. A friend of my cousin's son ended up taking the buck and it was a monster. I posted a pic of it and you can see it here:
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-...cal-mulie.html

I'd much rather see a regular guy get this buck than one of Mossback's big $$$ hunters.

Last edited by flags; 04-18-2016 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mossback isn't the only one unfortunately. A few years ago I was hunting in Wyoming and tried to get run out of an area, they kept saying it was "private" and "their" land. Luckily we knew for a fact it wasn't and ended up having to pull out the map and show them. They drove off and never said another word.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

One of the main reasons it is illegal to guide for anything but elk and Bobcat, with a guide permit on state game lands in PA, all million and a half acres of it. Elk permits are few and a drawing is held for specific WMUs in the state. Guiding for any other species is unlawful on game lands as there is no general guide permit for other species on state game lands.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 04-18-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

I never knew that as I thought there was bear guides there as well.. You folks do have bear hunting though right? I know it is nothing like the bear hunting up here methods though..
Old 04-19-2016, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, PA has a bear season. Traditionally it was a three day season, but has since been expanded in recent years. Now there are certain areas with longer seasons, archery seasons, late seasons etc.. Most of the successful PA hunters group up and put on big drives. That's the best way to see bear. Some guys have sweet spots though and take bear fairly regularly on their own... No baiting, no hounds. Bear hunting is tough in PA, but there's a lot of hunters that get out every season. I've only been bear hunting three years now and haven't seen one in Bear season yet. But I typically see at least one at some point while deer hunting every year. Just a matter of time... right place, right time. If Bronko shows up he knows allot about PA bear hunting and has been succesful.
-Jake
Old 04-21-2016, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags
Originally Posted by jeepkid
Supply more fuel for y'alls fire. I'm glad y'all mentioned the reputation of these guys because here is a nice article from back in 2010. Makes you really wonder about the conduct of an outfitter like this....

http://www.utahstories.com/2010/11/u...s-turf-battle/

Last edited by Brandon_SPC; 04-21-2016 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

a few quick things I noticed...

shouldn't the hunter/shooter know how to adjust their own scope for a given range?

also aren't most guided hunts like 1 guide with 1-2 hunters, ie 1x2... instead of what 6x1? lol, ie. 6 guides per hunter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.