Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Looking for ANY input on a WY hunt... >

Looking for ANY input on a WY hunt...

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Looking for ANY input on a WY hunt...

Old 03-08-2016, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

Don,
Where are you in KS. I'm trying to go antelope hunting this year as well. I'm in Lansing KS. My plan right now is to link up with some friends from TX and hunt a private ranch in area 23. More to follow as I get the details.

Last edited by BRUSE; 03-08-2016 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Really wish I could. New baby last year so long trips are on hold for a while. Thanks for the offer tho! I'll be staying in PA, Ohio and WV the next few years
-Jake
Old 03-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
That entire area where flags is talking about is now impossible to get a tag for a buck without preference points and the doe tags also have a very slim chance of drawing with the number of tags being issued compared to the number of people applying. I'll send you a PM of a unit up north where you can buy up to 2 leftover buck tags and 4 doe tags very year and right where to go for exactly the type of hunt you want to do.
That sounds like a fun hunt. Plus that's a lot of meat.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Bruse -

I am only about 45 minute SW of you (Lawrence area).

I did my time in the ARMY as well, but probably before you were even born!

Keep me posted if you guys feel like buddying up!

Thanks

Don

Originally Posted by BRUSE
Don,
Where are you in KS. I'm trying to go antelope hunting this year as well. I'm in Lansing KS. My plan right now is to link up with some friends from TX and hunt a private ranch in area 23. More to follow as I get the details.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the new baby !!!! No worries my friend!

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Really wish I could. New baby last year so long trips are on hold for a while. Thanks for the offer tho! I'll be staying in PA, Ohio and WV the next few years
-Jake
Old 04-08-2016, 06:13 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
That entire area where flags is talking about is now impossible to get a tag for a buck without preference points and the doe tags also have a very slim chance of drawing with the number of tags being issued compared to the number of people applying. I'll send you a PM of a unit up north where you can buy up to 2 leftover buck tags and 4 doe tags very year and right where to go for exactly the type of hunt you want to do.
I am looking for the same type of hunt this fall for me and my son. Can you share with me also?

Last edited by BruceB; 04-08-2016 at 06:19 AM.