Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Looking for a cow bison hunt in Colorado >

Looking for a cow bison hunt in Colorado

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Looking for a cow bison hunt in Colorado

Old 12-09-2015, 05:16 PM
Spike

Default Looking for a cow bison hunt in Colorado

Looking for a cow meat) bison hunt in Colorado - any ideas? Prefer rifle hunt but bow is not out of the question
Old 12-09-2015, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

It will be big bucks. They're all on private land.

Sorry, I don't know any outfitters offering it. Just warning you it won't be cheap.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

there is a place in new mexico i know of not sure that would work for you but i would think it would be 2000 plus area
Old 12-10-2015, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

There used to be a guy down by Campo in the southeast corner of the state that did bison hunts. Not sure what his name was but you could probably do a google search. Also have no idea what his prices are. When I wanted bison I went to the Twin Pines Ranch in Wy.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

Check Cabelas. They arrange many kinds of hunts and while I don't really approve of this way of their making money, it could be a service to some. A while back I received a "catalog" of hunts they offer to set up through approved outfitters. I'm sure I saw a few buffalo hunts offered at prices not out of line with other big game hunts.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only one listed at Cabela's site is in SD.

http://www.cabelasoutdooradventures....ison-hunt.html
Old 01-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.200inches.com/Subpages/BuffaloCO.html
Old 01-02-2016, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Funny...in that link the guy claims they're hard hunts, but the hunt is only 1 to 1 1/2 days long.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bison are not and have never been a hard animal to hunt. How do you think they managed to shoot them by the millions? That being said, I've shot a few heifer cows for meat because you really can't beat a young bison for table fare. Since most bison are taken off big private ranches, the exceptions being the Henry Mountain hunt in UT, the public land hunt in AZ, the Custer State Park hunt in SD, the Yellowstone hunt in WY/MT and the Alaska hunt, it doesn't take too long to find them. And they aren't too difficult to kill. I use a 450 Marlin when I want a bison in the freezer and it tips them over nicely.

I think the last one I shot was about 7 years ago and I always got them in WY since the price was good. If my memory is correct I gave about $650 for a big heifer cow and she boned out right at 420 lbs of meat. Price bison meat in the store and you'll see what a bargain that was.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

If someone wants to go to a private ranch, and shoot a bison. That's their business. I know how good the meat is too.

However, I have to draw the line about it being a hard hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.