Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

New hunting show

Old 07-17-2015, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's not just the people in CA, although they are the leaders of the pack! There are millions of fruits and nuts all over this country and they are gradually chipping away at our rights a little at a time!
Old 07-18-2015, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
It's not just the people in CA, although they are the leaders of the pack! There are millions of fruits and nuts all over this country and they are gradually chipping away at our rights a little at a time!
In regards to the banning of hunting bear in the spring, hunting them with bait, hunting them with dogs and outlawing trapping in CO, you can put it straight on the transplants from CA. All this happened within a few years of the mass migration beginning. Prior to that it never would have been voted in. The 3 counties that pushed it on the rest of the state were all localities where the transplants from the Land of the Looney flocked to. 60% of the people in CO right now are within one generation of CA. It is what it is.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bikerman9967
i do like jim shockeys uncharted. one of the best shows IMO
Jim Shockey is fantastic! His episode on the Joe Rogan podcast brought real pride to the hunting community (me at least). I am proud to have people like him represent the hunting community. I haven't see the other show, but anything away from the arm pumping bragadocious folks.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by flags
In regards to the banning of hunting bear in the spring, hunting them with bait, hunting them with dogs and outlawing trapping in CO, you can put it straight on the transplants from CA. All this happened within a few years of the mass migration beginning. Prior to that it never would have been voted in. The 3 counties that pushed it on the rest of the state were all localities where the transplants from the Land of the Looney flocked to. 60% of the people in CO right now are within one generation of CA. It is what it is.
If that was true, don't you think CA would've had the law BEFORE Colorado? Not the other way around?

Everyone in California came from another State in the beginning, we are just sending them back to where they came from...
Old 07-21-2015, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Don't confuse him with common sense. Colorado natives are as much to blame for the bear laws as anybody.

I know a lot of Colorado natives who are not only against bear hunting, but any kind of hunting. Lots of tree huggers here who were born here. I don't even know anybody from California here.

I'd love to see the facts supporting that 60% figure. Maybe from where he lived, but certainly not around where I live. For sure not even close for the whole state.

Denver is where people flock to, but Denver is not the whole state, and the whole state votes.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think that 60% figure was pulled out of a hat, as I'm pretty sure there are no statistics kept on that type of stuff. CO is probably like many states though and that is the swing vote is in the big city areas where many Libs live and that wouldn't know a bear from a cougar!
Old 07-21-2015, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
I think that 60% figure was pulled out of a hat, as I'm pretty sure there are no statistics kept on that type of stuff. CO is probably like many states though and that is the swing vote is in the big city areas where many Libs live and that wouldn't know a bear from a cougar!
That right there is the issue. Sometimes votes will go one way that I didn't expect them to at all, and it's because the bulk of the population is in the cities..
-Jake
Old 07-22-2015, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags
For once I am going to agree with Flags on this. Colorado used to be an awesome state, now it is one to be avoided. It was co-opted by the Kalifornia transplants, same pain we are feeling in Montana. They want to escape the misery of what they created in California and run to the other western states, only bringing all the leftist baggage with them and rubbing against the local people.