Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

New hunting show

Old 07-03-2015, 01:55 PM
Spike

Default New hunting show

Has anyone seen the new hunting show on sportsman channel call The Guide's? It looks like it's going to be killer. It's a in-depth look into the hunting industry from a guide and outfitters stand point. It's as real as it gets first episode one of the guys Josh Whitaker is guiding a bear hunt with dogs in a neck brace with a broken neck. Go and watch it, its worth.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Right off the bat when you said dogs I lost interest. That's just dogs hunting, and the so called hunter (?) is doing a marathon.

My opinion of course, but that's all I can give.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most hunting shows have become as interesting as watching paint dry.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Right off the bat when you said dogs I lost interest. That's just dogs hunting, and the so called hunter (?) is doing a marathon.

My opinion of course, but that's all I can give.
If it were not for watching my dogs bird hunt I doubt I would go near as much as I do. It is truly artful watching the two of them work, knowing how many days we put in training before hand, all for the success of the hunt.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mthusker
If it were not for watching my dogs bird hunt I doubt I would go near as much as I do. It is truly artful watching the two of them work, knowing how many days we put in training before hand, all for the success of the hunt.
Agreed, but he was not talking bird hunting with dogs. The OP was talking about running bears with hounds and that's quite a different subject.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

"The Guide's Life" TV show is one of the best shows out there IMO.

I also like Meateater.

The shows that are of a guy put in a tree stand by an outfitter bore me to tears !!!

Last edited by Sheridan; 07-07-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jerry d
Most hunting shows have become as interesting as watching paint dry.
Yeah, they remind me of male soap operas. I know the show needs sponsors but all that gear advertising makes me sick. One of my former hunting friends thought if he had all the right gear, success was sure to follow. In the 13 yrs. I hunted w/ him, he never learned how to be successful. That's what most shows with their advertising make me think of.

Last edited by Game Stalker; 07-05-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

i do like jim shockeys uncharted. one of the best shows IMO
Old 07-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Agreed, but he was not talking bird hunting with dogs. The OP was talking about running bears with hounds and that's quite a different subject.
I quite well know what he was talking about, obviously. I have never hunted big game with a dog, but if that is what others enjoy, I do not have a problem with it. Been hunting quite awhile, I realize not everyone does it the same way, even though I do not always agree with the method, as a hunter I try to be open to their methods, as long as all is legal. Too many ANTI'S out there for us to cast stones at each other in my opinion.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mthusker
I quite well know what he was talking about, obviously. I have never hunted big game with a dog, but if that is what others enjoy, I do not have a problem with it. Been hunting quite awhile, I realize not everyone does it the same way, even though I do not always agree with the method, as a hunter I try to be open to their methods, as long as all is legal. Too many ANTI'S out there for us to cast stones at each other in my opinion.
I don't believe I saw anyone casting stones, but rather Pete saying he wasn't interested in that type of hunting. All I stated was it's a big difference walking behind bird dogs like you and I like to do and running a race after a pack of hounds. In fact, I don't know that I wouldn't like doing the latter after a bear because one thing on my bucket list is following hounds on a cougar and not to shoot one out of a tree either, but just for the chase and photo op.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-06-2015 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.