Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Hunting partner from Denver Colorado >

Hunting partner from Denver Colorado

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hunting partner from Denver Colorado

Old 06-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Spike

Default Hunting partner from Denver Colorado

Hi everyone. I'm a new hunting I did some turkey bow hunting last season but I'll be doing my first big game hunt for elk this year in Colorado. I had a hunting partner but he turned our to be less than functional pot head. I didn't mind that he smoked weed but I did mind that he was not functional because he did it so much. Anyway, I'm now at the point where I either need a new partner who I can count on or I will be going solo this year. I'm a chill guy studying geology at CU boulder and I am ver reliable. Though I'm very new to hunting I'm a hard worker and I plan to put in the work to be successful this season. I'm in good shape and I plan on hiking a lot of miles daily during the season to find the elk. I'm a U.S. Army combat vet as well. You can count on me if you hunt with me. If you're interested I would be down to meet for beers or something for and get to know each other and build trust.

Thanks
John
Old 06-07-2015, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's a better introduction than the last guy wanting a gay partner, but I think you should have left out the part that you didn't mind the pot smoking previous guy. That doesn't mix with a firearm just like alcohol doesn't! Also, thanks for your service from another Vet of many decades ago!
Old 06-08-2015, 07:46 AM
Spike

Thumbs up

LOL Thats spot on! Probaly looking to go to broke back mt. hahahaha
Old 07-03-2015, 06:11 PM
Spike

I have been trying to find reliable people to hunt with for years. Many things got in the way like money and time. I have the time and plan on doing a lot of hunting and fishing trips. I live in Va but hunt in several states and one is CO for Elk. I am trying to get a trip planned and I can take the hardest hunts available.
I had planned on a drop camp if I can get some others to go. Check out Tenderfoot as that will be likely one I may use.

Jim Howard

Last edited by jdh123; 07-04-2015 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Remove phone number and email. Do that on a private directl to the person.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure i'd put my phone number on a public forum. Better to do that in a PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:22 PM
Spike

Sorry to hear you're in that situation. I would recommend starting a group at your college or even looking on social media like Facebook to see if anyone there is interested in the same type of stuff. It'd be easier to start there, that way you'd actually have a face and name instead of random people sending you their info. Just a suggestion. Good luck!
Old 07-16-2015, 01:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would recommend you hunt alone until you can find someone face to face and get to know them for a decent period of time before you take a chance and hunt with them. Many people put on a good face, but when the chips hit the fan, or there is work to be done, they either grouse and moan or disappear.I have set up several hunts and lost members of the party after the hunt was booked for ilness reasons, monetary problems or just the wife not wanting them to go. I worked like crazy to find someone I knew and had trust in to fill the slot. If I had not been able to find a replacement, I would have gone alone. Perhaps it is just me, or the times I grew up in, but I would never advertise for a hunting partner in a public forum and feel comfortable about the decision. Too much time and money invested to take the chance.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 07-16-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was going to give some advice based on what happened to me on a hunt out in Wyoming in 2010, but neither of these guys have even logged back onto the site after they made their one and only post, so I'm not going to waste my time. At least I won't get accused again of running someone off the site, LOL!