Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Private land in Wyoming. Sheridan area... >

Private land in Wyoming. Sheridan area...

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Private land in Wyoming. Sheridan area...

Old 03-05-2015, 10:31 AM
Spike

Default Private land in Wyoming. Sheridan area...

Looking for any help in acquiring private land for deer/antelope hunting in or around Sheidan Wyoming. We've (6 of us) been hunting BLM land for a while now...and are seeking something to call our own. Got our own tent and accommodations...were extremely self sufficient.
Any help is appreciated! Thanks.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't help you with land, but years ago I hunted a ranch just east of Sheridan for mules and antelope. What a great time I had and saw lots of animals. Ended up taking a 160" mulie and a 12" antelope. Beautiful country.

Good luck!
Old 03-08-2015, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

I'd contact the local realtors and look in the real estate section of the local classifieds, for a start.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck on that, as most of the private ranches up in that entire area are either spoken for by leases that outfitters have or are only hunted by the owners and relatives. My best hunting buddy lives in Sheridan and we go all the way to the other side of the mountain for our deer, elk, and antelope hunting every year.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:29 AM
Spike

I've tried the game & fish, county land assessor...here we are a couple days from application deadline! Lol. Only reason I picked Sheridan is because my dad used to dad me there, now the the shoe is on the other foot so to speak...we'll end up on BLM around there somewhere. That's still better than mowing the lawn! Good luck all!!
Old 03-09-2015, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rusty79
a couple days from application deadline!
You have a while yet. May 31st, not March 31st.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/imgs/QR...D_APPDATES.pdf
Old 03-09-2015, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

G&F did change the application dates for NRs to match the residents for deer and antelope to May 31 starting this year. This year it falls on a Sunday, so actually the deadline is midnight mountain time on Monday, June 1. I'll apply a week or two before that date to avoid the last minute rush. June 1 is also the last day you can modify/withdraw your application this year.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:46 AM
Spike

Nice. I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.