Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Need advice....Colorado Unit 54 and 55 >

Need advice....Colorado Unit 54 and 55

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Need advice....Colorado Unit 54 and 55

Old 03-02-2015, 05:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

He probably means those who don't get the cow tag in the draw can try for the OTC tag in July. Which is an either sex tag in 54.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:45 AM
Spike

The lady I spoke to at the Gunnison office said that since the cow tag is a "List B" license, if we were to obtain the OTC either-sex tag, that we could theoretically kill 2 elk......?
Old 03-02-2015, 05:49 AM
Spike

We've actually decided to focus on Unit 55 exclusively.

The way I'm reading the 2015 Big Game Brochure (page 33, top of page) is that yes, you can get more than one elk license. You are limited to one application through the draw, but an additional license can be obtained from leftovers or OTC.

So correct me if I'm wrong - if we get a cow tag (draw) in Unit 55, we can also get an OTC bull tag for Unit 55......2 tags. Am I missing something here?
Old 03-02-2015, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

No, you can't in 55. The cow tag you get in the draw is an A tag. The OTC bull tag is also an A tag. You can't have both.

You would need a B cow tag to go along with the A tag OTC bull tag. The B tags for a cow would be private land.

If you're going to all hunt in 55. Just all get an OTC bull tag. You can buy them all the way up to a day before the hunt starts, or even after the hunt starts at a DOW office.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:21 AM
Spike

Yep.....just seen that. I was thinking it was a "B" tag like Unit 54, but not the case. I'll get it figured out sooner or later! Thanks for the help guys.....
Old 03-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

hows unit 55 for first rifle season?