Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
New to outfitting, looking for your advice. >

New to outfitting, looking for your advice.

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

New to outfitting, looking for your advice.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:21 PM
Spike

Default New to outfitting, looking for your advice.

I have been guiding for almost 14 years and decided I want to make it my life and living. I am trying to build a bigger client base and I am looking for opinions from hunters on the best way to build that client base. Any advice or opinion would be appreciated.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Be honest and don't exagerate. Under promise, over deliver. If you treat your clients fair word will get around on sites like this. It also helps to guide in a target rich environment. What will you be guiding for in NB?
Old 02-19-2015, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

Social media would build a bigger client base. Have someone build you a website or use face-book and instagram. Create a page on face-book share that page and on instagram there are PLENTY of hunting pages that will throw shotouts other pages. Social media will be your best friend. Also If you don't have a small video camera get one and try to take it along and get short clips of hunts, take lots a pictures, find a way for hunters to leave feedback for you.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:39 PM
Spike

I will be guiding hunts for black bear, whitetail deer, moose(by draw) and fishing for atlatic salmon.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, pictures are important. You need a website that potential clients can go to and see what you are all about. Include pictures not only of successful hunts, but lodging, terrain, trail cam pics, spring sheds found, and the area in general. Also be responsive to questions. Nothing worse than requesting info from an outfitter and not hearing back for several weeks.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:15 PM
Spike

Do you think giving away a few hunts would help me out or just look desperate.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe donating a hunt to one of the many banquets such as the RMEF, NWTF, DU, Friends of the NRA, etc. Going to sportsman shows is also a way to get in front of a lot of potential clients.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:45 PM
Spike

Thanks for the great info.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best of luck to you. If you can score two bull moose tags let me know, I'll be your first client :-) Looking to take my daughter of a moose hunt in a couple of years once we find the right hunt. I hear NB has good Bulls.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

Interesting question. What price range(s) are you running your hunts and how competitive are you compared to other outfitters in NB or other provinces?

Something to consider is which group of hunters you want to target? If it's wealthier hunters, put together a package that would appeal to them at the sports shows that wealthy hunters attend. If it's the working man group of hunters, maybe offer something that would appeal to them such as some kind of group discount, no extra charge for filling a wolf tag (if applicable), etc.

If you're targeting HuntingNet hunters, maybe some kind of discount to HuntingNet members. Maybe advertise in certain hunting magazines and offer some kind of deal to subscribers.

Something else you might consider is some kind of reward/discount for referrals and/or returning hunters. Refer a buddy and you can come back at XX% discount and hunt with your buddy. Come back for a 2nd hunt and get whatever reward.

There's lots of possibilities. It would depend on who you're trying to attract to your business.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.