Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Don't mess with moose

Old 02-05-2015, 09:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

They also write a whole lot of tickets to non-hunters as well. It isn't only hunters who should know the laws, everyone should know the laws that deal with the activity they are involved in. Muley, you stated those folks should be cited, but you aren't convinced they knew they were violating the law. I am having a hard time finding our disagreement. My position is they should be cited and that ignorance is not a defense, nor should it be. Perhaps the difference is you believe being ignorant of laws should carry some mitigation and I don't.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
They also write a whole lot of tickets to non-hunters as well. It isn't only hunters who should know the laws, everyone should know the laws that deal with the activity they are involved in. Muley, you stated those folks should be cited, but you aren't convinced they knew they were violating the law. I am having a hard time finding our disagreement. My position is they should be cited and that ignorance is not a defense, nor should it be. Perhaps the difference is you believe being ignorant of laws should carry some mitigation and I don't.
We both agree that they were wrong, and should be cited. I never argued that. I also feel everybody should know the laws. I'm actually very picky about that.

I'm just having a hard time hanging the guy for doing it on purpose. Maybe he did, and if that's the case the moose probably taught him a lesson for screwing with a moose.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best part of that video was when the moose put the boots to him. I was waiting for him to go down and the moose doing the Newfie stomp.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:21 AM
Spike

Problem is his actions could have caused eventual harm to the Moose if he had to shoot it...have seen those other videos of Axehats shooting Moose to "defend" themselves. Wish the Moose had broken his sled or something.

Bad choices and to top it off lets post videos of bad choices on the internet to get advertising points.