Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Don't mess with moose

Old 02-03-2015, 05:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

They have been able to nail some of these folks that do this stuff if found to be in our state.. there was a case where someone actually was video taping another guy that was shooting at a moose with a hand gun while on a sled.. While I forget what state it was actually done.. The individuals were tracked down and had to face the consequences for their actions.. Sometimes you tube and the like can be a great tool to capture these people with..
Old 02-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a jerk, they thought it was real neat to video tape there harassing of an animal!? Hope that sorry joker got a stiff fine.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

How can anyone watch that and not say the rider wasnt running the moose?? If he didn't want to fool with it he would have stop riding and let the moose go on its way.

Last edited by jerry d; 02-05-2015 at 03:36 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Running it on purpose, or just not knowing better is the question.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

It was on purpose, otherwise they would have cranked back the throttle and stopped, not knowing any better is of little consequence and would be no defense to a prosecution. Somewhere during that chase a thing called common sense should have kicked in and told those idiots that chasing an animal with a machine for their amusement was wrong, no matter if they were hunters or paper hangers. There is no excuse for what they were doing.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't know you had mind reader powers? You're amazing.

How about this. He's out for a ride, and is amazed there's a moose running on the trail. He follows it, because he just wants to watch the moose, and doesn't realize he's doing anything wrong.

Stop thinking like a hunter. Not everybody knows it's wrong to chase a wild animal. To prove that point. Many people got tickets, because their dog chased wild animals. When you talk to them they had no clue it was wrong.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Running it on purpose, or just not knowing better is the question.
Irrelevant youre suppose to know what the law is!!!!! Its still harassing wildlife whether a person knows bettr or not!

Last edited by jerry d; 02-05-2015 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nonsense! I don't have to be a mind reader to know the idiots were chasing the moose on purpose, I saw it and I heard the engine, never once did it slow down until the moose stopped. I don't care one whit if they knew they were wrong, it is one of those situations where if they didn't know whatr they were doing was wrong, they should have. I am not thinking like a hunter, I am thinking like someone who knows it was wrong and stupid to do what they were doing, also illegal and I really hope their facebook posting gets them caught and prosecuted.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jerry d
Irrelevant youre suppose to know what the law is!!!!! Its still harassing wildlife whether a person knows bettr or not!
I never said it wasn't. I actually said he should get a ticket. Not everybody knows all the laws. That's why wardens write thousands of tickets to hunters. Hunters should know the laws.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Absolutely!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.